You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Fernando's link to leaks? And the craziness that is gnr

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Again i stick to what i said before, Axl is an adult and is responsible for the current state of GN'R. Regardless of what Beta said, did. is gonna say or gonna do, the fact is Axl CHOOSES to allow it.

I think alot of people blame this Beta person as an easy way of not having to blame their idol Axl.

Don't get me wrong i love the guy he is a music god to me but he is also human and humans can be stupid fucks, thats just life.

The guys a genius musically but its HIS fault he does'nt produce the goods often enough. Now maybe he could'nt be arsed to have regular album releases and is happy with that, thats fine with me too i'll just enjoy what he has given and if thats it so be it.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

.................But god i would love more 3

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Axl wrong about something? I think you need to listen to Chinese Democracy again, because according to the album, he's a victim of everyone and everything.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

@mygnrsucks

If your post is directed at me im not sure what your quite getting at. I was referring to people blaming anyone but Axl himself for the current state of the band, but then im probably picking up your post in the wrong way.   

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

@mygnrsucks

If your post is directed at me im not sure what your quite getting at. I was referring to people blaming anyone but Axl himself for the current state of the band, but then im probably picking up your post in the wrong way.   

Yeah he was being sarcastic.  You were saying Axl was to blame for things and he was saying sarcastically that Axl is never wrong and is always the victim, per Chinese Democracy.

At least that's what I took out of that exchange.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Again i stick to what i said before, Axl is an adult and is responsible for the current state of GN'R. Regardless of what Beta said, did. is gonna say or gonna do, the fact is Axl CHOOSES to allow it.

Yeah I do think it's foolish for people to blame issues they don't like about GNR on Beta and Fernando.  It seems to me they do their best to support and care for Axl.

This will sound 'nutswingerish' but I also think people underestimate the pressure and size of the task that Axl took on too. Starting over with a new band and all that. To me CD has come out as a great record and worthy of the GNR branding...and that was something that wasn't necessarily going to happen in the absence of 4/5 of what made the original band cool. It might have taken him forever, but I respect that Axl delivered the goods in the end....a great album.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Yeah I do think it's foolish for people to blame issues they don't like about GNR on Beta and Fernando.  It seems to me they do their best to support and care for Axl.

This will sound 'nutswingerish' but I also think people underestimate the pressure and size of the task that Axl took on too. Starting over with a new band and all that. To me CD has come out as a great record and worthy of the GNR branding...and that was something that wasn't necessarily going to happen in the absence of 4/5 of what made the original band cool. It might have taken him forever, but I respect that Axl delivered the goods in the end....a great album.

Totally agree.

and my apologies to mygnrsucks i took that the wrong way.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think alot of the reason why people are up in arms against Beta, Fernando, Del James and whoever else is because of their interactions with fans....sure fans may say some off the cuff shit or things taht are not always the most positive, but its more due to the fact that we feel strongly about this band....do you think anyof us live such small existences that bitching about GNR is what we live for? "There Was A Time" when it seemed that the inner circle thought so....live your life, don't worry about it, do something productive....whatever else....thats some pretty high and mighty thinking to think that thousands of people lives revolve around you

anyway i was on the blunt end of one of Beta's tongue lashings and i can tell you that she got hers in return....in the end it turned out i was right and she was upset cuz i saw through the crap and voiced my opinion on it ... anyway just cuz i had a bad experience doesnt mean that everyone needs to form an opinion based on my interactions...though some peopel saw my side of things more than hers...then there were those who saw her side....its takes all kinds smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Fair enough Neemo. I'll be honest and say I havn't actually witnessed any of their interactions with Fans....so perhaps I'll change my mind if I see what they are saying.

I think the "live your life" stuff was either because pressure and negativity was probably actually counter productive to Axl managing to attempt the nearly impossible (re-boot GNR) and also that if they know Axl on a personal level and feel he is a great influence in their lives, then obviously it's going to upset them reading posts from fans who are pissed off with Axl for whatever reason.  They're human too in the end. But then again...I'm not super familiar with everythign thats happened on that front.

Anyway....I was just agreeing that it sounds far fetched to accuse these people of making GNR operate the way it does and to suggest that they're all just using Axl for cash and stuff that people say sometimes.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

oh definately they are part of axl's day to day life...its understandable that they'd stick up for the man......they need to realize though that alot of the stuff peopel say is jsut stuff someone may say in a conversation about any subject if you felt strongly enough about it

if i say that a certain sports player doesnt know how to play or the team'd be better off without him...its just my opinion and shooting the shit with some freinds....they shouldnt take stuff so personally

anyway they'd make assumptions of fans then when the fan would tell them shit back they'd be like...."well how do you like it?" .... well lets see....first off, i'm flattered to think that people may treat me like a famous rockstar by talking about me....or that there are several forums dedicated to me 16 ya know? with fame comes criticism...you're either golden or you're shit...thats the curse of fame...sorry

Board footer