You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ronartest2004
 Rep: 2 

Re: Fernando's link to leaks? And the craziness that is gnr

I do think that 90% of the leaks could be traced back to Fernando, and Axl knows that. And the more recent leaks im sure can be traced back to some record company insider.

Im sure that Fernando will never drop the ball again by letting a close circle of friends have rare tracks anymore. Whenever leaks would be close to hitting, Fernando would ALWAYS re-appear flooding message boards, doing whatever he could to try to detract the leaks from happening.  But at some point if I were him, id just hope for whatever else it out there to leak so it would be done and over with. I know that he doesnt live his life checking message boards seeing if anything he leaked to his friends ends up leaking to the general public, but I know that he freaks whenever something new leaks.

But we all seem to forget that the only confirmed person to have had "checkmate aka the general" was an ex-employee's kid of the 99 cd sessions and he was ordered to return that track. So even Fernandos friends may not have that track, which reguardless of the "atlas shrugged, oklahoma...etc" 99% of people want the general, which there is a good chance isnt even in "our" hands anymore...our meaning the public (be it a small group of hoarders)...but thats closer than it being in Axls hands.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

welcome man

anyway i think you're pretty spot on...i also think that CD was more of a leaks album than anything, the track listing is what it is cuz they wanted to clear out what was known to be in circulation

speaking of that James, remember that "fake" CD back-cover that surfaced a few years ago? chinesedemocracybackcovye7.jpg w640.png

Looking at it this could have been a prototype of what CD was intended to be. Looks pretty similar to what we got and has almost the same amout of tracks and half of it is what we got anyways. The rest we know exist.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow...i dont remember seeing that! holy crap, you're prolly right

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Interesting. The only thing is, didn't Axl confirm that "Seven" & "Thyme" were fake titles.

"If" was probably a shortened title for "If The World". The glaring omission there, is having Sorry as a closer, when Prostitute is a MUCH better closer.

ronartest2004

Axlin08 wrote:

Interesting. The only thing is, didn't Axl confirm that "Seven" & "Thyme" were fake titles.

"If" was probably a shortened title for "If The World". The glaring omission there, is having Sorry as a closer, when Prostitute is a MUCH better closer.

He said that every song has a "working title"...so im sure they are real songs, he probably just changed the titles of them. And that Marco guy said he worked on songs titled "Seven" and "Thyme", but thats been 5 years ago. But I think that sorry is kinda a good outro...the big middle finger to slash (or whoever else)...with Axl riding off into the sunset.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
ronartest2004

And there it is....I do agree with you Neemo, CD is an album of leaks,with a couple throw in tracks. The heat was on Axl/Record co to get something out once those 9 tracks hit the net, So thats why the booklet has so many typos, and why Axl said he wants to redo the booklet.

Id put a 100 bucks on if "thyme, ideas of march, the general and atlas shrugged" wouldve been leaked, those tracks would have been on the album.

But then we may not of got "scraped, sorry, and TIL". So its a catch-22, im glad we got sorry and til...i could give 2 shits about scraped.

Somebody on the inside knew what to do to finally get this album out...Axl showed his weakness by getting mad when tracks would leak...same with fernando, and some capitolized on that...Thank god they did or we would still be hearing Axl on a random radio station blabbing on about "well, we were gonna release it a few months ago, but monstrosities of overwhelming circumstance and various venomious laywers, with such ignorance about time lines within the level of accusations caused it to be delayed......But expect it out by winter!".

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl and Marco Beltrami confirmed Seven and Thyme were real songs.

"Titles and/or Working Titles of songs which may appear on a future album:

Ides Of March ('98), Berlin (Oklahoma) ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Oh My God ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Soul Monster (Leave Me Alone) ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05).

Most all titles subject to change without warning and are considered working titles. (Axl Rose, chinesedemocracy.com, Dec. 2008)"

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
madagas wrote:

Ides Of March ('98), Berlin (Oklahoma) ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Oh My God ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Soul Monster (Leave Me Alone) ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05).

Realistically, these songs on average are about as good as those on CD. One or two myb great, one or two pathetic. So it's a wash. if we get it we get it, but I'm no longer holding out hope. Look at the 3 additions to CD, Scraped is dogshit, Sorry & TIL are good. Some call TIL a masterpiece but I think it gets a bit sappy. "Oh great, here comes another Axl piano song about a girl.. here we go. Haven't heard this before."

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl himself said that the songs are similar in style with similar players. I want to hear those songs if possible. I love Scraped and everyone likes different tracks. That is nothing new with this fanbase and it was no different during the Illusion years as well where everyone has a different take on what they consider filler....no idea what you were getting at with that post. If Axl has songs, I want to hear them. Pretty simple.:thumbup:

Board footer