You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Fernando's link to leaks? And the craziness that is gnr

Sky Dog wrote:

cool...makes sense. I do know that albums get shelved and tracklists changed all the time...sometimes a month or two before release. However, CD and Prostitute are an obvious opener and closer.....thanks for chiming in...always liked your info and gossip.:)

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Wished it hadn't. That's a FAR better tracklist.

Er, we haven't heard five of those songs. How can we possibly say it's a better tracklist?

I have psychic powers.

johndivney wrote:
madagas wrote:

cool...makes sense. I do know that albums get shelved and tracklists changed all the time...sometimes a month or two before release. However, CD and Prostitute are an obvious opener and closer.....thanks for

a poster on here, true love i think they were called, said that CD's tracklisting was changed at the pressing plant to include CITR & reshuffle the tracklist. think he provided Neemo with pics n images 2 confirm his tale.
the alt tracklist he posted, minus CITR & with a different running order, is the CD that i would listen to ahead of the official released CD. imo it flows so much Better.
i never really dug the bi-polar nature of the offical release where it seemed like the tracklist was formed by pairs of songs rather than a continuous vibe.. but that's just me..

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

^^would be cool to see that. Neemo can you confirm?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i never really dug the bi-polar nature of the offical release where it seemed like the tracklist was formed by pairs of songs rather than a continuous vibe.. but that's just me..

I'd be interested to see that tracklist. I'm not sure if I'd call it bipolar but I do agree there's somethign going on with the tracklisting on CD.

My theory on it, it that they might have been trying to make the songs relate to each other in meaning, so that it takes you on some kind of emotional journey/growth from beginning to end through the whole process. In some ways I think it works opening with chaos of CD and closing with the sort of musical self-acceptance prostitute has, and it's like in between those two songs you run the gauntlet of all the other emotions - love, anger, sadness, loss, hope etc

It's possible I'm reading too much into it, but I've always felt it takes you on some kind of journey, it's a bit of a headfuck though!

In some ways I think the songs go together easier than UYI...which very much always felt like a collection that went "here's an Axl song, and this one's from Izzy, here's slash's new riff machine, and here's something duff came up with one time" - don't get me wrong I love the UYI album...but it's very much a collection of independant thoughts and songs to me.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
johndivney wrote:
madagas wrote:

cool...makes sense. I do know that albums get shelved and tracklists changed all the time...sometimes a month or two before release. However, CD and Prostitute are an obvious opener and closer.....thanks for

a poster on here, true love i think they were called, said that CD's tracklisting was changed at the pressing plant to include CITR & reshuffle the tracklist. think he provided Neemo with pics n images 2 confirm his tale.
the alt tracklist he posted, minus CITR & with a different running order, is the CD that i would listen to ahead of the official released CD. imo it flows so much Better.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=7069&p=10

johndivney wrote:

that's funny it's in this thread. i thought that info got lost in one of the board crashes. cool.

defo think the alt track works esp cause of the 3 rockers at the start.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Goes to show that sometimes trashing people with info isn't very smart. It's better to just let it go silently and see if it's true or not instead of bringing out the "fuck you insider asshole" card at every stop.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
johndivney wrote:
madagas wrote:

I can believe this, given the info that was around at the time.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
DCK wrote:

Goes to show that sometimes trashing people with info isn't very smart. It's better to just let it go silently and see if it's true or not instead of bringing out the "fuck you insider asshole" card at every stop.

Fair call. I think we do get over eager about that. I mean I can do without the drama that comes from people swapping leaks and so on. I love to hear music but the way people turn it into a james bond/riddler style thing gets old pretty quick....but that doesnt mean people that post straight up comments are all liars I guess!

Board footer