You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Fernando's link to leaks? And the craziness that is gnr

madagas wrote:

no idea what you were getting at with that post.

Yeah, me neither.

We don't know shit.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Interesting. The only thing is, didn't Axl confirm that "Seven" & "Thyme" were fake titles.

"If" was probably a shortened title for "If The World". The glaring omission there, is having Sorry as a closer, when Prostitute is a MUCH better closer.

Who says Prostitute was finished/written then?

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

welcome man

anyway i think you're pretty spot on...i also think that CD was more of a leaks album than anything, the track listing is what it is cuz they wanted to clear out what was known to be in circulation

speaking of that James, remember that "fake" CD back-cover that surfaced a few years ago? http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/637/ … covye7.jpg http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/chin … 1/w640.png

Looking at it this could have been a prototype of what CD was intended to be. Looks pretty similar to what we got and has almost the same amout of tracks and half of it is what we got anyways. The rest we know exist.

Ok, sorry for double post But I just broke out the jewel case to compare it with the photo.

Similarities:
Same colors
Better is track three
TWAT is track 6
8/13 were on the final album.

and I reordered it so it pretty much matched the final product.
1.Chinese Democracy
2.Seven
3.Better
4.The Blues
5.If
6.There Was A Time
7.Atlas Shrugged
8.The General
9.Ides Of March
10.Sorry
11.IRS
12.Madagascar
13.Thyme

that looks real to me.

ronartest2004
 Rep: 2 

Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:
madagas wrote:

no idea what you were getting at with that post.

Yeah, me neither.

We don't know shit.

What im saying is... If the general,thyme,atlas,ides of march,and seven leaked, they wouldve been on the album. And yes we wouldve still had filler on the album...which the overwhelming vote is that the biggest filler track was "scraped".

But since those songs didnt leak, and now there is a mystical type of aura around these songs Axl decided to hold them back (maybe for a new album, or maybe forever,just so people will always wonder)...Well not always wonder...Maybe for a few years, then once its clear the wont be released people will give up.

Which more and more lately you see alotta people washing their hands clean of gnr.

Sky Dog wrote:

there is no "aura" to anything anymore as that ship has sailed with the release of the album.....Axl has some songs we haven't heard and that is it. Every normal person realizes that any unheard stuff is likely similar to Chinese. Some people just want to hear it more than others.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah, from my perspective, I don't like the aura thing that developed, as to me it relates to unreasonable expectations being placed upon specific songs.

However, there will always be a degree of excitment from me about new Axl material as i've pretty much enjoyed everything i've ever heard him peform on, so for that reason i'd love to hear a new album one day. If the music is at the same standard as Chinese I'll be happy, I think it's a great album.

Sky Dog wrote:

agree, but I think it is a good album that could have been great.

ronartest2004
 Rep: 2 

madagas wrote:

there is no "aura" to anything anymore as that ship has sailed with the release of the album.....Axl has some songs we haven't heard and that is it. Every normal person realizes that any unheard stuff is likely similar to Chinese. Some people just want to hear it more than others.

Thats kinda what I was getting at in the end of my previous post, the aura is quickly dissapearing...Its really kinda sad actually, because most people on the gnr boards are expressing the same sentiment, which is simply "If something leaks, ill download it...If a tour happens, ill check it out..If an album comes out, ill buy it...But im not going to dedicate my time/life to a group that doesnt really exist right now"

There is no more aura....People have grown tired, and I never thought id say this, but I see why Slash has said and acted the way he has when it comes to axl/gnr. And ive never met Axl, but just seeing how he operates...Its tiresome.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Interesting. The only thing is, didn't Axl confirm that "Seven" & "Thyme" were fake titles.

"If" was probably a shortened title for "If The World". The glaring omission there, is having Sorry as a closer, when Prostitute is a MUCH better closer.

Axl and Marco Beltrami confirmed Seven and Thyme were real songs.

"Titles and/or Working Titles of songs which may appear on a future album:

Ides Of March ('98), Berlin (Oklahoma) ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Oh My God ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Soul Monster (Leave Me Alone) ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05).

Most all titles subject to change without warning and are considered working titles. (Axl Rose, chinesedemocracy.com, Dec. 2008)"

Thx for digging that back up. Karma. 22

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

bucket

Board footer