You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: The Wrestling thread

polluxlm wrote:

Train wreck waiting to happen last few years. Really the last 20 years.

She almost looks pleased being in jail. I can understand that.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:

Tammy Sytch sentenced to 17 years in prison for that DWI crash.

She has a sad story... although much of it brought on by herself.

Wow...I guess it was to be expected, I wonder what Candido would have made of all this. I know when it happened Cornette pretty much said he just couldn't defend her anymore.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I could've swore I posted that Von Erich movie trailer in this thread or in the movies/music section when it came out. It's gone now.

Anyways...

Reviews are coming in. It's getting good reviews but my worst fears have come true...

They fictionalized it. Chris doesn't even exist and they've fucked with the timeline.

Mind blown they would leave out the most dramatic suicide of the bunch. It could've been an incredibly dramatic scene....

Kevin goes out looking for Chris on their family estate. Sees him sitting by the water. Chris asks him if he read the note. Kevin says no. He leaves Chris and goes back to the house. Goes to Chris's room to read the note and tell his mom. As the note is being read, they hear the gunshot. He runs out there and Chris is laying there dead with blood gushing.

Now that doesn't even exist.

I hate Hollywood.

In their defense, the trailer does look really good....

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I’m a pretty big wrestling fan but i actually know very little about the Von Erich’s. What did the note say? Why did it cause suicide?

James

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I’m a pretty big wrestling fan but i actually know very little about the Von Erich’s. What did the note say? Why did it cause suicide?

They never released the contents of the suicide note.

Chris was the runt of the litter. He had really bad asthma as a kid, took that awful steroid, and it impacted his growth and caused brittle bones.

He attempted to wrestle but it simply wasn't feasible. Reduced to tagging in to wrestle Percy Pringle (Paul Bearer).

He couldn't deal with it and killed himself.

Here he is in action...

Earlier...

Shacklermyrye

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

They never released the contents of the suicide note.

Chris was the runt of the litter. He had really bad asthma as a kid, took that awful steroid, and it impacted his growth and caused brittle bones.

He attempted to wrestle but it simply wasn't feasible. Reduced to tagging in to wrestle Percy Pringle (Paul Bearer).

He couldn't deal with it and killed himself.

Here he is in action...

Earlier...

[/embed]
I enjoyed that first match, Percy Pringle had such an expressive face for selling. Main thing wrestlers these days seem to miss is that. You see way to many taking and giving big moves with no expression at all

James

James wrote:

Yeah...there was real artistry to the sport back then.

Just look at someone like Jake Roberts...he could sell a situation just by how he looked in the camera while talking.

This is also a great example...

Cornette's conniption fit while this is happening is beyond perfection and I don't think it goes anywhere without it. It tells the whole story. A casual or non-fan could watch that and understand what's happening and that it's major shit.

Shacklermyrye

James wrote:

Yeah...there was real artistry to the sport back then.

Just look at someone like Jake Roberts...he could sell a situation just by how he looked in the camera while talking.

This is also a great example...

Cornette's conniption fit while this is happening is beyond perfection and I don't think it goes anywhere without it. It tells the whole story. A casual or non-fan could watch that and understand what's happening and that it's major shit.

lol I was literally listening to the Drive thru as I read that.
You mentioned the missing word 'Sport' That's how it should be sold, when they make people forget it's a work and sell it as a legitimate sport or that there is at least a legit hatred between the wrestlers that's when they draw money. Rarely happens anymore.

Jake was scary to me as a kid not because he was loud, but because he was quiet. Promo's he did where he looks down the camera, and you could see his eyes, you knew here was a man who had seen shit.... and he had. Especially with his dad being Grizzly

AtariLegend wrote:

Cornette is someone who ran out off ideas decades ago.

His idea of wrestling was a disaster for both tna and roh.

Cornette booked an era of roh that had kenny omega, the young bucks, Kevin steen, sami zayn, Adam cole, briscoes, seth rollins, insert the name of 1/2 of aew and several of the feds biggest names.

It was completely unwatchable and probably it's lowest point in it's existence and yes that it includes today where it's basically just a ppv company c brand of aew.

Same with his run booking tna and his disastrous nwa stint (mlw thing is trivia pursuit).

He may be charismatic and say the thing you guys who grew up in 80s wrestling like, but his record managaing wrestling promotions is horrendous. He was a terrible booker with ideas that turned off audiences in multiple promotions.

His stchick now days is saying things he himself doesn't even believe including burying people and pretending he doesn't know who people are for clicks.

He's a living gimmick.

Shacklermyrye

Oh dear Vince seems to be truly done this time

Board footer