You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: SKID ROW Guitarist To SEBASTIAN BACH: 'Blow It Out Your Ass, Buddy!

BLS-Pride wrote:

SKID ROW Guitarist To SEBASTIAN BACH: 'Blow It Out Your Ass, Buddy!' - Nov. 25, 2007
James Allman of Baconmusic spoke to SKID ROW guitarist Scotti Hill last night (Saturday, November 24) backstage at the Rock City in Nottingham, England. Watch the 10-minute interview below. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Baconmusic: What's the latest news on Dave "Snake" Sabo? Is he still a member of SKID ROW?

Scotti: "Snake is a member of SKID ROW. He's also got some legal troubles this year and that's keeping him in America. He manages the band DOWN, so since he can't come over here right now '” 'cause the judge won't let him; the judge said, 'You can't leave the country until this is all cleared up' '” he's hanging with the boys from DOWN who are doing really good. They've got a kick-ass record out right now."

Baconmusic: There's a lot of rumors that he's not too well health-wise.

Scotti: "He's had some health issues, but no'¦ He's good to go, he's good to go. As a matter of fact, he's gonna do some shows with us in January out West '” in California, up through Vegas, Salt Lake City and all that stuff."

Baconmusic: So tell us about who is filling in [on this tour]?

Scotti: "We've got Ryan Cook from the band HAIR OF THE DOG '” kick-ass band; we've been friends with Ryan for a long time. He was good enough to learn the songs in a week, sat down, one rehearsal, [and] it was like he was good to go. He's a good friend, we've known him for a long time. He's good for the band, he's good for the morale, man '” he's a positive influence out here and'¦ [turns to camera, joking] So fuck Snake. Snake, I love you, brother."

Baconmusic: If Snake ever did have to quit the band, do you think it would be still OK for SKID ROW to continue with just two original members?

Scotti: "[i] couldn't tell you that. I don't know what we would do. Because he's an integral part of the writing process and the live show and all that '” he basically started the band. I don't know if Rachel [Bolan, bass] and I would go on or do something else. Man, I take this shit day to day. I didn't expect to be here in 2007 sitting in Rock City [in Nottingham, England] down in the basement doing an interview, you know?! It's all gravy."

Baconmusic: Sebastian Bach said in a recent interview, and I quote, "The SKID ROW of 2007 are wrecking the name worse than can ever be wrecked." What have you gotta say in response to that?

Scotti: "Blow it out your ass, buddy. Whatever, dude! Go do your fuckin' thing and just forget about it. We had a good run '” we got a good run together. Leave it alone, man! He's got a new record coming out. Why don't he worry about his new record?"

Baconmusic: Or he can keep licking Axl Rose's ass.

Scotti: "If that's what makes you happy, that's what makes you happy. Sure."

Damn. Well someone had to say it eventually. 16

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlb1H_LFwDM

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Not a bad interview. I didn't even know Snake was having problems. I have not followed Skid Row news in years. I do agree with Baz on the Skid Row issue though. The Skids never really moved on from the Baz era. Last I heard, the shows are mainly Baz songs and of course they have released a mediocre album or two since he left/was fired.

I am actually surprised that Snake/Bolan were never able to do anything great post Baz, as they were the creative force behind the band. They should have started a whole new band and dropped the Skid Row thing.

I know this sounds like the GNR name argument, but its a bit different in this case.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Well someones jealous. 

But I do think the interviewer was in poor taste with that last question.  True or not, poor taste in the way the question was asked.   I still will forever be grateful that Baz got Axl on official songs that Axl sounds amazing on so Baz can lick away 16

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

no they arent jealous.....that breakup was bad...and they have left well enough alone about baz...but yet baz runs his mouth and brings them up. Baz hasnt done any better than they have since the split so he cant say too Much as far as i'm concerned..

I saw the New SkidRow back in '02....they were really good surprisingly enough

I didnt realize Snake managed Down, thats pretty cool 9 he should guest on a couple tracks wink

Baz's new album is a lot better than the newer Skid Row stuff.  IMO they suck without Baz.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Can anyone besides me even name their last album w/o looking it up? Furthermore has anyone even listened to it? I sure hope not. It contains such great tracks as "I Remember You (Punk Rock Version)"

Are you serious?? Dear mother of God, that is pathetic.

and I thought Axl had a tough time letting go of the past.......

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

Baz's new album is a lot better than the newer Skid Row stuff.  IMO they suck without Baz.

I dont care what album is better....i have no interest in either new baz or new skid row....IMO they all suck without each other

I'd bet that the new skid row moved about as well as Angel Down though 16

Board footer