You are not logged in. Please register or login.

maguire22
 Rep: 11 

Re: So what kind of food do you like best?

maguire22 wrote:

I finally got 72 hours off and I'm making Sunday special lol by roasting this boy a chicken, free range and gonna be one gorgeous feed, I'll be making roasted taters and gravy and all the trims, so with my heart in my belly, I have to ask, what do you like for good food, and how do you do it? 22

If you have a mum/mom lol, or significant other who cooks, share the foods that makes you go 11 11 11

(Pot Noodle is NOT an answer! 16 )

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

maguire22

maguire22 wrote:

Watch that MSG Russ TCB - it;s a neurotoxin! wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Grilled Prime Rib, medium, with steamed Lobster tail. Shrimp Scampi, french fries, and steamed mixed vegetables are a nice side.

maguire22

maguire22 wrote:

Do you make them all?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've made all of them except the Lobster. I just haven't found the way to do it right.

Typically I just go to a restaurant to get it.

I don't know about a specific meal but...

East Asian cuisine is my favorite. I especially like genuine Chinese and Korean food.

I'm also fond of traditional Scandinavian dishes and cooking from the Southern U.S.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Since it's kickoff weekend, you can't go wrong with a good bowl of chili.

and I'm not from Texas, when I say chili I mean ground meat, not cubed, with beans.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Portuguese sopas
French Dip sandwiches
mozzarella cheese sticks
BBQ chicken wings, hamburgers, hot dogs
Turkey and dressing
pecan pie
pineapple upside down cake
fried ling cod filets
shrimp
ribs
tamales
oysters

jorge76 wrote:

Since it's kickoff weekend, you can't go wrong with a good bowl of chili.

and I'm not from Texas, when I say chili I mean ground meat, not cubed, with beans.

My dad used to make the greatest turkey chili when I was a kid. My grandpa ran a few turkey ranches up in La Grange, and we would drive up there a couple times a month. My dad would grab a couple of the plumpest turkeys, kill them, cut off the breast and a couple other parts, and throw the carcasses in the trash. We'd drive home and then he'd make chili out of it. Throw crackers and a shit load of ketchup in that, and you were on cloud nine.

I hope this is being served in heaven. 11

My dad and grandpa also made the greatest tamales ever. They would kill a pig, shave the meat from its head, steam it, and add peppers and corn and whatever spices they used and make tamales. Scrum-diddly-umptious.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

My dad and grandpa also made the greatest tamales ever. They would kill a pig, shave the meat from its head, steam it, and add peppers and corn and whatever spices they used and make tamales. Scrum-diddly-umptious.

I LOVE tamales, but I'm much more comfortable not thinking about how they are made.

Board footer