You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: So what kind of food do you like best?

Axl S wrote:

Full Breakfast. Don't have a specific type but my big fav is

Bacon, Sausage, Lorne Sausage, baked beans, fried egg, potato scones, fruit pudding, haggis, black pudding, white pudding, hash browns, sauted potatos, french toast and fried toast.

With brown sauce of course.

All that is essentially heart attack on a plate. Also it always tastes better if you have a full breakfast for dinner.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

My dad and grandpa also made the greatest tamales ever. They would kill a pig, shave the meat from its head, steam it, and add peppers and corn and whatever spices they used and make tamales. Scrum-diddly-umptious.

I LOVE tamales, but I'm much more comfortable not thinking about how they are made.

I'm pretty sure most tamales aren't made with meat from the head. They are usually made with pork or beef roast. Those pig head tamales were my grandpa's recipe. My mom wouldn't eat them. If they didn't taste so good, I wouldn't have either. 16

If you ever do happen to see a dish made with that meat, give it a try. Same can be said for cow tongue.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

My dad and grandpa also made the greatest tamales ever. They would kill a pig, shave the meat from its head, steam it, and add peppers and corn and whatever spices they used and make tamales. Scrum-diddly-umptious.

I LOVE tamales, but I'm much more comfortable not thinking about how they are made.

I'm pretty sure most tamales aren't made with meat from the head. They are usually made with pork or beef roast. Those pig head tamales were my grandpa's recipe. My mom wouldn't eat them. If they didn't taste so good, I wouldn't have either. 16

If you ever do happen to see a dish made with that meat, give it a try. Same can be said for cow tongue.

Ahh I hate tongue, my old man eats that shit.

If I'm not mistaken, head is the more traditional Mexican way of doing it, but you're right, most of what you find anymore is roast pork.  And I'm good with that.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Not very original here but I've been eating Toad In The Hole like there was a worldwide shortage of yorkshire puddings and sausages 16 Nothing beats homemade yorkies when they rise properly. Top it off with mashed potatoes, petit pois and gravy 11

Every meal I eat is covered in brown sauce, has to be HP too. Meat Feast pizza with HP sauce was my favourite food when stoned, could devour it in a matter of seconds lol.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Korean BBQ is so good... ughhh

James

James wrote:
downliner wrote:

Not very original here but I've been eating Toad In The Hole like there was a worldwide shortage of yorkshire puddings and sausages 16 Nothing beats homemade yorkies when they rise properly. Top it off with mashed potatoes, petit pois and gravy 11

Every meal I eat is covered in brown sauce, has to be HP too. Meat Feast pizza with HP sauce was my favourite food when stoned, could devour it in a matter of seconds lol.

What's "brown sauce"? Brown gravy like what we put on mashed potatoes?

edit: Yes it is, and I'm surprised you guys would put this on every meal. I'm sure this sauce is better over there than it is here though. You probably make it a bit differently.

Brown gravy on pizza?? Wow. However, that doesn't sound nearly as bad as the peeps here who drown their pizza in ranch dressing. 16

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

James, brown sauce isn't gravy. This is brown sauce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Sauce

HP_sauce.jpg

It's made with matl vinegar and fruit and spices.

That's "brown sauce"?

Where I'm from (Earth) we call it HP Sauce.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Brown sauce is THE brown sauce. Another good sauce is chippy sauce 11

Olorin will know what that is I hope. Depends on whether he's a salt and vinegar or salt and sauce guy.

James

James wrote:

I guess I googled the wrong brown sauce. 16

Basically its like your version of A1 or Heinz 57. A steak sauce that can be used on just about anything.

Apparently this is sold over here. Next time I shop I'll look for it. Cant possibly taste better than A1.

Do you have A1 over there? If so, how do you compare it to this stuff?

Board footer