You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Kanye West ruins Taylor Swift's MTV VMA victory

Backslash wrote:

Finally, Taylor Swift won her first-ever MTV Video Music Award and she had her triumph literally snatched from her hands by Kanye West.

Kanye west taylor swift MTV VMA Video Music Awards

Just as Taylor began telling MTV viewers how much winning best female video meant to her, Kanye West ripped the microphone from her grasp and gave an outraged shout-out to one losing nominee.

"Taylor, I'm really happy for you. I'll let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time! One of the best videos of all time!"

Cameras cut to Beyonce, who sat in the audience with jaw dropped in disbelief. Meantime, Taylor was literally speechless as Kanye gave her the microphone back and marched off stage. The audience booed. Feeling the awkwardness of the lingering moment, MTV VMA producers cut to a taped video clip of "30 Rock" star Tracy Morgan and rapper Eminem while Taylor tried to continue her acceptance speech — but couldn't be heard. Her mike was cut off. Giving up, she strolled off stage.

Source: http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_gol … ctory.html

This is beyond crazy.  That Beyonce video wasn't even that good.  The guy's an embarrassment.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This was probably staged, but staged or not, it is definitely crossing a line.

There's just no decency in our culture anymore.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I don't think it was staged. The dude just has a serious problem. He's a scumbag.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

What an arrogant piece of shit he is.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

Yea that wasn't staged. Kanye West always has a serious complex when he, or someone he likes doesn't win.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

He sure made a real ass of himself, it was way too stupid to be staged unlike the hilarious Bruno stunt a couple months ago. I hope Taylor Swift can put that aside and move on.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

He's a joke and a bum. They need to start treating him like any other nobody trying to get ont he stage and have security force him into a seat. Shut up, Kanye, you don't speak for me or anyone else.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I just read that evidently Beyonce won an award later and had Taylor Swift come up and let her finish her speech. 

If a normal spectator had done something like this they'd probably see charges of some sort, this douche probably should too.

What ever happened with the "Peacebomb" dude who came up with Dylan a while back?  Kanye should get the same thing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

A real class move by Beyonce. You got to give it to her.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

It's times like this I wish Axl gave it the old college try to try and beat Kanye when their albums came out.  Of course, I don't know if any amount of effort would've led to that, probably not.  Imagine if Guns had beaten Kanye out.  He would've gone nuts on them, blasting Axl and the band.

He does this sh-t routinely, his act is growing tired.  Now he's got the MTV generation against him, whatever that means.

Board footer