You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Kanye West ruins Taylor Swift's MTV VMA victory

misterID wrote:

The only way for GNR to get a hit and beat Kanye is to do a duet with Taylor Swift.

hiphopmediatraining-17155512-1252899830.jpg?ym3_04BD16PIl9r3

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It was definitely staged whether they admit it or not. When spontaneous acts occur, the cameras don't get all the "money shots". That's how some knew that Eminem/Bruno bullshit was staged even with many saying otherwise.

If this was even .000001% legit, his mic would have been cut the nanosecond he opened his mouth and a commercial break would have immediately happened. When the show came back on, you would have seen her giving her speech like the incident had never happened.

Supposedly she broke out crying backstage, and lucky for her, MTV, and the crowd, she just happened to have a performance prerecorded for them. How convenient.

This is what the reality trash culture has brought us. People unable to tell the difference between reality and script. If the script doesn't clue people in, surely that brilliant, award worthy camera work covering a supposed spontaneous moment would. This is a skit straight out of WWE's playbook.

The incident has already achieved its objective. People are talking about MTV and the artists involved in the skit. We're gonna keep seeing these types of events until the audience gets sick of it.

Clearly no one is sick of it yet.

Get ready for a Hannah Montana vs Amy Winehouse or Jonas Brothers vs Jay Z debacle next year. Yeah, that'll be real too.

I just read that evidently Beyonce won an award later and had Taylor Swift come up and let her finish her speech.

You mean the chick with the good girl image sold to the masses whose face was caught spontaneously by cameras a nanosecond after Kanye mentioned her gave props to the other girl with a good girl image sold to the masses?

I don't believe it. 16

If a normal spectator had done something like this they'd probably see charges of some sort, this douche probably should too.

If ANYONE did this and it wasn't a work, it wouldn't have been shown. That is why awards shows have been on tape delay for going on twenty years...... to prevent this EXACT thing from happening. These events are choreographed to the nanosecond. Spontaneity is discouraged and not allowed. Yet we're seeing spontaneous skits occur that a tape delay would have destroyed before it occurred? 14

I weep for this country....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Brad from Rage storming the stage/fighting security/being arrested was staged? Old Dirty Bastard rant? C.C. Deville's meltdown was staged? Van Halen's first DLR reunion fiasco was staged? Vince Neil sucker punching Izzy was staged? I'm sure there's a bunch of other shit, I just haven't watched it since 2002.

They actually want shit like that to happen. It's always been "you never know what's going to happen this year" type show. They aren't going to cut that shit out if it happened. Which is a good reason why it could be staged, but if it was it was the dumbest plan ever. Don't know what the point would be. Unless Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Kanye and MTV had a diabolical marketing plan to intentionally make Kanye look like a complete ass. If they did, mission accomplished. 16

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

^ ever since slash and duff's "acceptance speech" way back in the day the live shows are being broadcast with a few seconds delay in case something like that ever happens again. so, i don't think the possibility of this being staged is so far fetched.

p.s. there's still people who watch the vma's?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Brad from Rage storming the stage/fighting security/being arrested was staged? Old Dirty Bastard rant? C.C. Deville's meltdown was staged? Van Halen's first DLR reunion fiasco was staged? Vince Neil sucker punching Izzy was staged? I'm sure there's a bunch of other shit, I just haven't watched it since 2002.

Everything but the first example doesn't even come close to this. Profanities being spewed are not new, CC playing a shitty solo is par for the course, That VH interview was not controversial and their implosion was behind the scenes, and that Izzy/Vince incident has never shown up on film, and wasn't even mentioned until after it occurred.

They actually want shit like that to happen. It's always been "you never know what's going to happen this year" type show.

No, that's what its marketed as. Big difference. In 2002 if Axl Rose starts cussing and dives into the crowd, your screen goes black. If its a skit planned out beforehand, you get to watch it, and with pristine camera angles giving you the full experience second by second. Axl could yell out Bill Cosby's name out of the blue, and the second he does, there is a camera right in Cosby's face to get the reaction.

Don't know what the point would be. Unless Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Kanye and MTV had a diabolical marketing plan to intentionally make Kanye look like a complete ass. If they did, mission accomplished.

The point was to get you to talk about it.

Mission accomplished.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'm not buying this one as being staged.  I was onboard with the Eminem/Bruno thing.  But this one doesn't make any sense.  Kanye comes out of this looking like an ass, what good comes of that for him?  It's just right on par with his normal behavior.  I'm sure it was staged by him and him alone.  He's always making the VMA's about him, all about face time.  He doesn't need MTV or anyone else to approve his tired act, he does fine on his own with that.

The reason Beyonce let Taylor speak when she won her award is because Kanye ruined Taylor's speech to say Beyonce deserved the award over her.  The cameras cut to Beyonce because Kanye mentioned her, just like they did when Russell Brand mentioned Jermaine and Joe Jackson, etc.  I wouldn't read too much into that.  You don't need a masterplan to pan to Beyonce when her name is mentioned when she's sitting in the front row.

And MTV's not gonna cut Kanye off or stop this type of thing from happening because it DOES get people talking.  That doesn't mean they planned it, it means Kanye is stupid enough to pull this shit off on his own.  There's a reason some of these acts/artists aren't welcomed on network television.  They're worried about their reputation.  MTV is not, they love this kind of stuff.  They encourage it even, but they don't plan it out.  At least not in this instance.  Other than the Eminem stunt, I don't think anything has been proven as "staged".  Maybe that's their thing now, staging these types of things.  But I'm not buying this one.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

I don't think it was staged either.

It's just Kanye West being Kanye West.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Well, he's not the only one sick of Taylor Swift.  She's beyond overrated and her voice is average at best.  That said, if it was real (I'm not convinced it was), it wasn't the way to handle it.

Board footer