You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: Kanye West ruins Taylor Swift's MTV VMA victory

NY Giants82 wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

After reading that, I still believe it was real. Nothing in that leads me to believe it was staged. Anyone can say they knew this or that. Its not very believable.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

It was definitely staged whether they admit it or not. When spontaneous acts occur, the cameras don't get all the "money shots". That's how some knew that Eminem/Bruno bullshit was staged even with many saying otherwise.

If this was even .000001% legit, his mic would have been cut the nanosecond he opened his mouth and a commercial break would have immediately happened. When the show came back on, you would have seen her giving her speech like the incident had never happened.

Supposedly she broke out crying backstage, and lucky for her, MTV, and the crowd, she just happened to have a performance prerecorded for them. How convenient.

This is what the reality trash culture has brought us. People unable to tell the difference between reality and script. If the script doesn't clue people in, surely that brilliant, award worthy camera work covering a supposed spontaneous moment would. This is a skit straight out of WWE's playbook.

The incident has already achieved its objective. People are talking about MTV and the artists involved in the skit. We're gonna keep seeing these types of events until the audience gets sick of it.

Clearly no one is sick of it yet.

Get ready for a Hannah Montana vs Amy Winehouse or Jonas Brothers vs Jay Z debacle next year. Yeah, that'll be real too.

I just read that evidently Beyonce won an award later and had Taylor Swift come up and let her finish her speech.

You mean the chick with the good girl image sold to the masses whose face was caught spontaneously by cameras a nanosecond after Kanye mentioned her gave props to the other girl with a good girl image sold to the masses?

I don't believe it. 16

If a normal spectator had done something like this they'd probably see charges of some sort, this douche probably should too.

If ANYONE did this and it wasn't a work, it wouldn't have been shown. That is why awards shows have been on tape delay for going on twenty years...... to prevent this EXACT thing from happening. These events are choreographed to the nanosecond. Spontaneity is discouraged and not allowed. Yet we're seeing spontaneous skits occur that a tape delay would have destroyed before it occurred? 14

I weep for this country....

couldn't agree more about this being staged. all of your points are key. however, trying to explain this to my mtv girlfriend was like trying to walk on water. im not jesus.

also, tonight comedy central (a station that also falls under the viacom umbrella, just like mtv) played the south park episode "fish sticks" featuring Kanye (the most watched episode on the official sp website) back to back to back. turns out south park is readying a new season beginning oct. 7. it all ties in. go ahead and call it a coincidence, im just calling it like I, and big media business, see it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Sorry guys, but reading some of the posts here about how adamant people are it was "faked" and anyone who thinks otherwise is not only wrong, but part of this moronic serge sweeping across America really rubs me the wrong way.

No one has given one credible argument as to what any party invloved would get out of this being staged, other than "to get people to talk." Really? Do you really think Kanye needs the publicity? Beyonce? Or that kind of publicity? What was the positive outcome in the plans for Kanye to do this, other than to look like a jackass? Who was the genius in his camp who let something like that happen?

Could it be fake? Yes. Is anyone wrong for thinking it was real or need a cultural lecture for thinking it might? No.

Oh yeah, the moon landing is fake. If you think otherwise you're WRONG! 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Sorry guys, but reading some of the posts here about how adamant people are it was "faked" and anyone who thinks otherwise is not only wrong, but part of this moronic serge sweeping across America really rubs me the wrong way.

No one has given one credible argument as to what any party invloved would get out of this being staged, other than "to get people to talk." Really? Do you really think Kanye needs the publicity? Beyonce? Or that kind of publicity? What was the positive outcome in the plans for Kanye to do this, other than to look like a jackass? Why would he need people to talk about him like this? Who were the genius in his camp who let something like that happen?

Could it be fake? Yes. Is anyone wrong for thinking it was real or need a cultural lecture for thinking it might? No.

Oh yeah, the moon landing is fake. If you think otherwise you're WRONG! 16

I'm not giving "cultural lectures" or thinking I'm superior for realizing its staged. I am part of the problem because I am talking about it just like everyone else on the planet, so I certainly cannot claim some moral high ground.

These staged acts create chain reactions. Was the world talking about Kanye in the hours leading up to this? No. Were people canonizing Beyonce and Taylor before this event? No. Were the VMA's getting much attention before this incident? No. Now everyone and their grandma is talking about this. Fuck, my mom mentioned this earlier in a phone call and she is in her late 50s and didn't even know who Kanye is.

Joe Blow thinks Kanye is a douche? So what? Joe Blow just checked out his website, youtubed his vids, or bought a couple songs on Itunes. You're supposed to think he is the douche bag out of the group. The other two artists benefited from the incident as well. They will all see increases in album sales this week. More people will tune into the VMA's next year to see if they can top this incident.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

I knew it was a work the nanosecond I saw it. Didn't need MTV to tell me that, and since so many people believe it, say its real, then immediately ride the wave of the manufactured global craze, they should just stop admitting these incidents are staged.

James, if this was staged, it would mean MTV is turning into the WWE, which they are not.

One, it makes Kanye look absolutely horrible. So he's turning heel on us, not like he wasn't to begin with. So his career, which is already in decline, will be sped up. He looks bad. MTV looks bad for signing off on it, and if anyone comes off as smelling like a rose, it's Taylor & Beyonce, who both get major pushes as babyfaces.

Jay-Z (who performed with him last night), would then turn around, and play the face, and start pushing a match at the next PPV. Kanye w/ Cryme Tyme vs. Jay-Z w/ Beyonce & Taylor Swift in a No DQ match. John Cena would be tapped for Special Referee (because of his street cred, Chain Gang 4 Life), to make sure it all goes down clean.

This is not happening. This is not Eminem letting himself be the butt of a joke.

Kanye looks like a total asshole, and has fast tracked his own decline. PLUS, what does he have to gain? Nothing. MTV isn't special. Kanye would perceive the situation to be hurting him, and would've basically ratted out MTV on Leno last night, and told everyone it was staged, before it got any worse.

Not to mention, the bit, if it was a bit, doesn't even make sense in the context of MTV's own stunts. This isn't ODB, "Wu Tang is about the chilldren".

This is an egotistical douche, who feels he has carte blanche in the business to do anything he wants, and if you disapprove, he just says "well my momma died" as a scapegoat. He's a freakin' punk, and a dumbass at that.

Oh, and by the way... that rant above by Kelly Clarkson was pretty cool. Seeing "Miss Sweet" go PG-13, seems a bit more authentic. 16

James

James wrote:

1253068156.jpg

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

hahaha I ain't no gay fish.

James

James wrote:

I'm just gonna go ahead and embrace this nonsense. Its funny. People are all over this like flies on shit. There are even websites devoted to the craze now.

Oh, and a huge 14 to anyone thinking this will have a negative impact on his career.

He's probably rushing to the studio to whip up an album because it'll sell like hot cakes.

I'll consider it real as long as all these peeps keep whipping up these photoshops.

10mv4w1.jpg

xc3mo8.jpg

2u9jslu.jpg

2lnix7a.jpg

29pdr8k.jpg

^that one is priceless.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Its Such a Asshole you know its trueeeeeeeeeeeee

James