You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Chinese Democracy given a Feb. 12 release date on Amazon UK

Gunslinger wrote:

Could it be?

Chinese Democracy [Content/Copy-Protected CD]
~ Guns N' Roses (Artist)

Price: £12.99 & eligible for Free UK delivery on orders over £15 with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions 

Availability: This title will be released on February 12, 2008. Pre-order now!
Note: orders placed now for this item will not be dispatched in time for Christmas. See last-order dates. However, it may still be possible to buy it new and used from our third-party sellers. Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk.

link:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chinese-Democra … 469&sr=8-1

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm not even falling for this. Only time I will believe this is when its accompanied with a legit cover, tracklist, and a Universal confirmation.

I think they are just getting the album back into their computer system. Been awhile since its been there....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just clicked on the link. It's gonna help the sales of Libertad since Libertad is right below it and can actually be bought.

Axl and Beta will be happy to hear that news. That gives them something to talk about for a few months.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I just clicked on the link. It's gonna help the sales of Libertad since Libertad is right below it and can actually be bought.

Axl and Beta will be happy to hear that news. That gives them something to talk about for a few months.

Lol, I totally agree.  I'm of the same mindset James, without a tracklist and/or an album cover it is just more of the same ol' shit.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I thought it had been listed for a Feb 12th release on Amazon for a while now? Either way it doesn't matter, it'll be as accurate and as likely as the last 3,000 dates HMV, Amazon etc have listed.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

HMV and Play.com have it, too. Rolling Stone reported this back in early October, saying that Major online music retailers Play.com and HMV have now published a release date February 11 2008. Here we run into the egg and chicken problem. One major retailer puts out a release date, another one follows suit, a major media entity picks it up. Then story gets its wings and people start thinking, maybe the record is coming on such n' such date. Of course, the anticipation has steadily diminished over the years, aside 2006, when Axl repeatedly promised the record to actually come out.

The one thing that's never answered is where do these dates come from. Amazon, HMV or Play.com (whichever of them would be the originator) would have little to gain by putting it up. Not that they'd be bristled over it, as no-one's going to blame the retailers for the lack of the product, not in this case. They're established enough not to pull all those dates from their asses. What would be the point, what would be their angle? So it kind of makes you wonder. Even if the date would turn out to be bogus, the question remains. Currently, it's a reasonable timeframe (nearly three months from now) if the record is truly finished and the band is negotiating with Interscope on the release.

Enough to get excited? Hell no.

Absolute hogwash? Not necessarily.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
sic. wrote:

What would be the point, what would be their angle?

Read the part highlighted in bold :

Gunslinger wrote:

Availability: This title will be released on February 12, 2008. Pre-order now!

If they guess release dates every couple of months and the news spreads throughout the boards (as it always does), its sometimes picked up by major media forms like Rolling Stone etc. If Amazon get a few thousand pre-orders everytime this bullshit spreads it's more money in there pocket I'd say.

When the CD is finally released Amazon can bump up the price and send out a mass email to everyone who pre-ordered. If they all buy it for Amazons bumped up price Amazon make a nice tidy profit. If no-one buys it from Amazon due to the bumped up price they still keep all of the deposits left by thousands of stupid fans gullible enough to cough up a deposit now tongue

Thats how I see it anyway. Daylight robbery hmm

I will forever take this with a grain of salt considering it's been available for preorder every year.

Could it be maybe but it's the same ole, same ole.  I am sure one of these times, it will be for real.  Ofcourse here's to hoping that it's this time hmm

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Crossing my fingers. It'll be right one of these days!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

do i have to say it again? 16

not a peep from anyone anywhere about CD in a long time....Amazon UK isnt gonna be the news breaker for this story...sorry, feb dates back to an article form a month or 2 ago. so now the internet sellers are finally picking up on it, thats all IMO 19

Board footer