You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

Re: jarmos myspace page

TheMole wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I wouldn't say they have had recognition as such from Axl/GNR - I would call it more a business decision by Axl.

he was also mentioned at a show in 2002.

I was there when he did, had no idea what i meant back then, but it was a cool thing to do nonetheless...

you just have to take it for what it is - a site to support Guns N' Roses.  Its not a Velvet Revolver fan site.   Jus like I wouldn't go to VelvetRevolverForum.Com everyday to tell them how bad I think Scott is with VR and how much those guys need Axl.    I really appreciate Jarmo's position on that whole thing over there.. because you have a huge site like MyGnR which is pretty much a Axl hatefest/Slash temple.

I can sort of agree with what you're saying. Nothing wrong with being on Axl's side.
But then there's the whole other part where he removes the Merck letter and all references to it for instance. It's fine to lock things, remove posts filled with hatred towards Axl and his band, etc...
It's not cool to only report on those news tidbits he himself likes, it's definitely not cool censoring those who do.

It would be cool if he was open enough to admit as much. You know, like a big fat warning on the homepage of the site:

"Warning, this site is biased and partial towards Axl and the current incarnation of Guns N' Roses. Therefore we 'filter' all news and remove all items that do not stroke with our beliefs. If you want to make up your own mind, we suggest you at least frequent other sources of GNR related information as well"

wink

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:
TheMole wrote:

htgth is a great board, jarmo is a good webmaster, and whether people like it or not, they are the only online community to get real recognition from Axl/GnR.    I post there everyday and there are plenty of people there.

You can repeat that mantra as much as you want, but it wont make it true.

Ok, Jarmo might be a good webmaster (as in, he used to pay for the hosting; site looks good, is plenty fast, not many technical problems), but he's the worst moderator ever.

A couple of reasons:
  1. A moderator is supposed to act impartial (not be impartial, he can have an opinion of his own, act impartial); Jarmo is not
  2. He does not live by his own forum rules
  3. He censors information, not based on it's validity, but based on how much he likes it. He has a section called "GNR News", which might just as well be called "The bits of GNR news that do not rub me the wrong way".
  4. His views on what and what not to censor change dramatically over time. He removed articles from his own site; articles that had been there for years.
  5. He resorts to personal attacks and mis-use of his powers when 'losing' a discussion. For instance: when cornered, he just removes those parts of your post he can't argue with and ignores them. Subsequent complains about this get removed as well.

Fact is, he effectively runs his site in a true Orwellian fashion. I'm starting to suspect he's doing this as some kind of social experiment, seeing how far he can push his more-than-willing flock of followers into this double-think paradigm.

I always thought this sort of thing was not possible in the real world, people couldn't be such push-overs, right? Freedom of speech and expression is everything (isn't that the American way?), that's what I always hear. But then again, dictatorship is the best rule to live under when you're in that select group that reaps all the benefits.

+1 karma for you.

Abbey_Road

Abbey_Road wrote:

Regarding this site, HTGTH, the mods who work under Jarmo are very disrespectful.

They allow sections on there to talk about different things.

But look at this mods reply in the cd.com thread:

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Re: Cd.com ?
« Reply #70 on: Yesterday at 01:09:09 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, you guys are fucking freaks.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … 69.new#new

AdZ to me is very disrespectful and obnoxious and this is another reason why that board sucks.

And when a webmaster allows this to happen, it even makes it suck more.

Someone said boards like mygnr.com and HTGTH are reasons why boards like this evolved and that is true.  I coudn't see any mod here ever saying what AdZ said to any poster here even if the poster was breaking the rules.   Respect should go both ways.  And HTGTH doesn't have that.

AtariLegend wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

Regarding this site, HTGTH, the mods who work under Jarmo are very disrespectful.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AdZ to me is very disrespectful and obnoxious and this is another reason why.

Read the posts before, he was probably just joking when he said that given the context of what was going on.

...And jarmo obviously doesn't allow bashing of MYGNR and Chinese Democracy/MYGNR if you read around a bit more.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
elmir wrote:

i like the errors in slash's book thread, but what he should have done is made the same thread for errors in other books which were published about gnr, if his whole objective was to "correctly inform" and fix errors with that type of a topic.

That was the thread that pissed me off to the point where I had to delete my account. I would consider myself pro-Axl/GNR, but reading that thread I was cringing because Jarmo just humiliated himself. I've met Jarmo and he seemed like a cool guy, and I have the utmost respect for the amount of time he has put into making HTGTH, but that thread was embarrasing to read imo.

His argument about the unofficial Izzy book was actually quite funny to read. The two books are completely different. Slashs biography is an officially authorised book apparently written, or at least co-authored by Slash himself. The Izzy book was a scam, that was why we had to warn fans not to purchase it. It's difficult to point out errors in a book when only 12~15 of the people who ordered it actually received it.

Fair enough, one of our moderators did receive the book and she pointed out the errors but they were slightly more significant errors compared to Slashs book ~ noticeably the guy spelt Izzys real name incorrectly (numerous times). He also stole interviews from the Izzy communities. We have proof of this because the original interviews were in Japanese and the mod could only transcribe them using Babelfish. The interviews don't even read coherently, our original spelling mistakes were present in the book, and for some unknown reason the author jumps between interviews from 1988 to 2000 making it impossible to follow etc. The whole thing was a scam right from the offset, and please note that Izzy did everything possible to prevent this book from ever being released at all. When our mod posted her review of the book online the author came to our community and called us "fucking trekkies" and threatened to sue us for hosting the bad review 14 (I must be a magnet for phoney lawsuits)

Jimmy Ashhurst (Ju Ju Hounds bassist/songwriter) who was interviewed for the book actually had to buy his own copy because the author didn't send the promo copy promised. Jimmy ordered the book, which never arrived from Amazon due to this being a scam, so he had to track down a copy from a fan who had actually received it. When he finished reading the book he posted a public apology to all of Izzys/Ju Ju Hounds fans saying that had he known it would turn out so poorly he would never have accepted the interview offer in the first place.

Whilst Slashs biography does contain errors they are NOT similiar to the errors in the book about Izzy. If you can track down a copy of the Izzy book, good luck considering only ~15 people own it, you will agree with my opinion I guarantee you.

edit: sorry elmir, that rant wasn't aimed at you if thats how it came across (due to me quoting you). That whole Izzy scam really pissed me off, it obviously still does 16

Abbey_Road wrote:

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

AdZ to me is very disrespectful and obnoxious and this is another reason why that board sucks.

And when a webmaster allows this to happen, it even makes it suck more.

Someone said boards like mygnr.com and HTGTH are reasons why boards like this evolved and that is true.  I coudn't see any mod here ever saying what AdZ said to any poster here even if the poster was breaking the rules.   Respect should go both ways.  And HTGTH doesn't have that.

dude you're really obsessed with HTGTH aren't you?   

we get it, you don't like the site.  you think the mods are dicks.  then don't go!  why sit here and complain about it when no one is holding a gun to your head and making you read it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Abbey_Road

Abbey_Road wrote:

Does anyone know ibelieveinaxl?  He recently got banned due to him disagreeing with  Jarmo in the VR thread about Slash's book.  If anyone knows him, recruit him here.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Only people I know there are the old school members. I have only posted there a couple times since mid 06. I doubt most of the current posters even know who I am.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

Does anyone know ibelieveinaxl?  He recently got banned due to him disagreeing with  Jarmo in the VR thread about Slash's book.  If anyone knows him, recruit him here.

i think he was a member @ rov

Board footer