You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: How hard is it to leak a song?

Sky Dog wrote:

the thing that sucks is that Gnr is still tied to the monstrosity known as Universal. They own all of the chinese recording sessions. Thus, music cannot be released in any format without their approval. So, Gnr has very little wiggle room right now to be "creative" with as far as releasing music goes.

Sky Dog wrote:

as far as leaks go, the other two songs I am suprised did not leak are Silkworms and Atlas Shrugged. They were on the 11 track disc that Classic Rock had.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

as far as leaks go, the other two songs I am suprised did not leak are Silkworms and Atlas Shrugged. They were on the 11 track disc that Classic Rock had.

I can see why Atlas never leaked, but its certainly odd how Silkworms made it through 3 major leaks unscathed. Only song performed live to never have a demo surface.

Always wondered if its strong negative reaction by the overall fan base played a role in that. You could say the same thing for Riad initially, but that was on the last setlist so no surprise there.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Before I head out for the day, here's the rest of that Opie- Andy convo on piracy.....

2wcjwk1.jpg

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Knowing that there is potentially at least one more song of "Prostitute"-caliber up Axl's sleeve is the ONLY thing that keeps me interested in this band.

... And I'll continue to check the forums on a daily basis until I hear the rest of the stuff.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

madagas wrote:

That's 'cause the Classic Rock disc wasn't leaked, it was played to them by someone who was involved in the album's production. Their review of the demos was based partly on the publicly leaked tracks, and partly on the editoral team's opinions of the additional tracks they heard.

So I wouldn't expect anything from that disc to leak any time soon; it's never been circulated in public.

Sky Dog wrote:

thanks...didn't know that. So, there is pretty much nothing out there right now???:/

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
madagas wrote:

thanks...didn't know that. So, there is pretty much nothing out there right now???:/

"Checkmate/Jackie Chan" is out there. Just gotta punch Eric in the dick to get it.

Sky Dog wrote:

The General....? Who is Eric?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer