You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: 9/11

polluxlm wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

"As stated in Section 6.14.4 of NIST NCSTAR 1, the falling mass of the building compressed the air ahead of it'”much like the action of a piston'”forcing smoke and debris out the windows as the stories below failed sequentially.

These puffs were observed at many locations as the towers collapsed. In all cases, they had the appearance of jets of gas being pushed from the building through windows or between columns on the mechanical floors. Such jets are expected since the air inside the building is compressed as the tower falls and must flow somewhere as the pressure builds. It is significant that similar 'puffs' were observed numerous times on the fire floors in both towers prior to their collapses, perhaps due to falling walls or portions of a floor.  Puffs from WTC 1 were even observed when WTC 2 was struck by the aircraft. These observations confirm that even minor overpressures were transmitted through the towers and forced smoke and debris from the building."
http://wtc.nist.gov/pubs/factsheets/faqs_8_2006.htm

If that was the case the air would take the route of least resistance, meaning right below the collapsing floor. It would not appear 20 stories below.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Here is my challenge to you.  Provide me with evidence of any chemical residue of an explosion.

He ticked off several pieces of evidence for his thermite fire theory:

First, he said, video showed a yellow, molten substance splashing off the side of the south Trade Tower about 50 minutes after an airplane hit it and a few minutes before it collapsed. Government investigators ruled out the possibility of melting steel being the source of the material because of the unlikelihood of steel melting. The investigators said the molten material must have been aluminum from the plane.

But, said Jones, molten aluminum is silvery. It never turns yellow. The substance observed in the videos "just isn't aluminum," he said. But, he said, thermite can cause steel to melt and become yellowish.

Second, he cited video pictures showing white ash rising from the south tower near the dripping, liquefied metal. When thermite burns, Jones said, it releases aluminum-oxide ash. The presence of both yellow-white molten iron and aluminum oxide ash "are signature characteristics of a thermite reaction," he said.

Another item of evidence, Jones said, is the fact that sulfur traces were found in structural steel recovered from the Trade Towers. Jones quoted the New York Times as saying sulfidization in the recovered steel was "perhaps the deepest mystery uncovered in the (official) investigation." But, he said, sulfidization fits the theory that sulfur was combined with thermite to make the thermite burn even hotter than it ordinarily would.

Jones said a piece of building wreckage had a gray substance on the outside that at one point had obviously been a dripping molten metal or liquid. He said that after thermite turns steel or iron into a molten form, and the metal hardens, it is gray.

He added that pools of molten metal were found beneath both trade towers and the 47-story WTC 7. That fact, he said, was never discussed in official investigation reports.

And even though WTC 7 was not connected to the Trade Towers '” in fact, there was another building between it and the towers '”and even though it was never hit by a plane, it collapsed. That suggests, he said, that it came down because a thermite fire caused its structural steel to fail.

Jones said his studies are confined to physical causes of the collapses, and he doesn't like to speculate about who might have entered the buildings and placed thermite and sulfur. But he said 10 to 20 people "in the know," plus other people who didn't know what they were doing but did what they were told, could have placed incendiary packages over several weeks.

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/read … 4&Trace=on

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

What about all the drivers on I95 who witnessed the low flying airplane?? Are they paid off in Bush's little conspiracy??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVUh6iflAYU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIJSXow0p0U

Look, it's ridiculous, some people will always believe there's a greater planned event rather than it just being organized chaos & a random event. Randall Flagg is right, 19 Muslims flew planes into buildings in NY & DC & had it not been for the passengers of flight 93, it would have hit another building for sure. Popular Mechanics debuunked nearly all of Loose Changes arguements but whenever "Truth" seekers hear that, they just dismiss it. As if a bunch of internet bloggers & conspiracy theorists know more about science than the guys at Pop Mech. Let me tell you, if your going to buiild a skyscraper, who's advice are you going to seek out, a bunch of conspiracy theorist who post on the internet, or writers of Popular Mechanics?!

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Had this truly been a hoax, I think it would've been organized to point to an attack at Iraq, since that was where we wanted to go.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Popular Mechanics debuunked nearly all of Loose Changes arguements but whenever "Truth" seekers hear that, they just dismiss it. As if a bunch of internet bloggers & conspiracy theorists know more about science than the guys at Pop Mech. Let me tell you, if your going to buiild a skyscraper, who's advice are you going to seek out, a bunch of conspiracy theorist who post on the internet, or writers of Popular Mechanics?!

Conspiracy Theorists got jobs too, many of them the exact same degrees as the guys at PM. There is such a thing as 'Scholars For 911 Truth', http://st911.org/

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

I don't have the book with me now, but I'll try and put down some stuff from Marrs' book, 'The Terror Conspiracy', by memory.

There were 14 people at work in the North Tower basement when the first plane struck. All of them reported hearing and feeling blasts from below before the tower was struck from above. One of them got his skin burned off when a huge fireball came up through the elevator shaft. When they evacuated, there was smoke and debree all over the place. The garage complex was, quote, "just gone. there was nothing left". When they reached the lobby it looked like a war zone. All the sprinklers had gone off, and huge marble sections had just been blown off the walls. The massive windows were simply gone.

Firemen discovered that there had been severe damage as far down as the 25th floor. They pulled out several people with injuries from there.

Auxiliary Fireman Lt. (can't remember the name) later said "All the firemen know there was bombs in those buildings, but they're afraid for their jobs. They received clear orders from their bosses not to discuss with anyone what happened that day".

After the collapse some of the rescue workers were accompanied by what they believed to be FBI agents (they wouldn't disclose their identities) looking for evidence. When they found what they believe to be the flight recorders they were ordered to "not mention this to anyone". The workers then said "give us one good reason". When the agents couldn't give them one, they simply left with what they had found and was never seen again. The Government claims those recorders were damaged beyond salvage. Professionals however that work with recovery said "we've never heard such a thing happen before. those recorders are designed to sustain extreme trauma".

Firemen witnessing the collapse says: "right before the buildings started to fall you heard this pop-pop-pop-pop sound from all the floors. It was just like one of those controlled demolitions. Then the building came down, fast."

A witness in a nearby building watched the collapse from his window at the 22th floor "I remember seeing all these flashes, you know red and orange flashes coming from all the floors. It went all over the building, then I heard a massive explosion and it started to fall".

An early CNN report stated "there has been an explosion in the lobby at the WTC. there's smoke and rubble everywhere."

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Popular Mechanics debuunked nearly all of Loose Changes arguements but whenever "Truth" seekers hear that, they just dismiss it. As if a bunch of internet bloggers & conspiracy theorists know more about science than the guys at Pop Mech. Let me tell you, if your going to buiild a skyscraper, who's advice are you going to seek out, a bunch of conspiracy theorist who post on the internet, or writers of Popular Mechanics?!

Conspiracy Theorists got jobs too, many of them the exact same degrees as the guys at PM. There is such a thing as 'Scholars For 911 Truth', http://st911.org/

The majority of these scholars are experts in areas of no relveance to physics, and have no positions within academia.  Perhaps its possible the "truth" movement is a vehcile to bring them much needed money and exposure.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The majority of these scholars are experts in areas of no relveance to physics, and have no positions within academia.  Perhaps its possible the "truth" movement is a vehcile to bring them much needed money and exposure.

That's not really an argument since they do have physicists and Ph.D's in their ranks. The presence of a philosophizer here and there doesn't take away from their expertise.

It's "Scholars For Truth", not "Physicists For Truth". These guys cover a lot more areas than just the collapse.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

ok...I have to cite sources but you don't?

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

You don't have to do anything.

Besides, I don't really know what you're referring to.

Board footer