You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: PAUL STANLEY: DOC MCGHEE Is Not Managing GUNS N' ROSES

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Eh umm i think i clicked into the wrong site....................:ummm:

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
DCK wrote:

It's all a fraud mate.

no, it's not!!! priests are not frauds. they believe in what they are offering. good lord. many, many psychics know they are ripping people off and do so intentially.

webster dictionary: fraud - intentional deception resulting in injury to another person

thank you and have a good day.

Sky Dog wrote:
DCK wrote:

there aren't too many frauds in the vatican.

It's all a fraud mate.

Yoda is just as much fraud than state organized religion.

But let's not get tangled in a discussion of belief and religion.

I just have the opinion that Axl should not be mocked for seeking help and advice with Yoda when billions of sheep follows the fraud that is religion.

you are close to going over the "offensive" line.....calling all religion a "fraud" is a bit much.:|

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think DCK's issue lies with organized religion.

Not the concept of religion.

war

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

or that he doesn't know the definitions of the words he is using. 14
actually, I believe he is TRYING to say that both God and psychics are unproven entities so one that goes to church is equally subject to criticism as one that goes to see a psychic.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
DCK wrote:

Well of course not. Psychics are not real.

Alright. Not gonna go into a debate of religion here, but replace Yoda with a priest, telling the story how Axl sought advice, comfort and all kinds of enlightment in christianity or any other form of state-approved religion, would we mock it this bad?

I wasn't mocking Axl, but I believe psychics are nothing more than con artists and it's sad that they take advantage of vulnerable and desperate people. I'm not saying Axl is either of those things, but they often take advantage of those who are going through a tough time in their lives. It is despicable and it is sad to see anyone taken advantage by them especially considering all their victims need to utilize is common sense.

I personally don't believe in God, but religion has been a part of society in one form of another going back to ancient times. I would hardly find it odd to see a person turn to religion in a time of need because that's what we've been ingrained to do.

Psychics are akin to believing in vampires, Big Foot, ghosts, and fairies.

While I personally believe religion is a load of bunk, a religious figure such as a priest isn't going to shake a person down to be a part of their payroll before they help them. They can also offer practical real world advice rather then selling you a load of magical nonsense they know they can't deliver.

Psychics are frauds that claim to have powers they know very well they don't have. Religious figures are generally well intentioned people that have a genuine belief  because it's what's been accepted and passed down by society for many centuries. While I don't share their beliefs, I've met many respectable religious figures that genuinely want to help people. I can't say the same for psychics because they earn their living on dishonesty.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

lets not go down this road......

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Key difference being a priest won't charge you tens or hundreds of thousands of $$$ for his time (there's a joke in there somewhere but I'll leave it). I've got my own issues with religion but there is a vast difference in the most part between religion and psychics.

Back on topic, has anyone seen the interview with the Leeds/Reading organiser on the other thread? He mentions that he's been told GNR have new management now and a late show won't happen at the festivals. Is he referring to Doc or would he still have been dealing with Azoffs team at the time of these dates being arranged?

war

war wrote:

Way to hijack the thread with gnr nonsense, A Private Eye.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

or that he doesn't know the definitions of the words he is using. 14
actually, I believe he is TRYING to say that both God and psychics are unproven entities so one that goes to church is equally subject to criticism as one that goes to see a psychic.

Yeah, I didn't read his post as well as I should have the first time around, but that is exactly what he is trying to say.

I get where he is coming from since I am an atheist, but I have a personal distaste for psychics because in my opinion they are all con artists selling powers they know that don't exist. Religious people generally believe their God exists and many have genuine intentions. So for me there is a difference because there is no fraud there, although I get what he is saying that both beliefs require believing in things that have not been proven to exist.

Anyway I just hope I don't offend anyone. I know you said you believe in God and psychic powers and I respect your beliefs. 22

Board footer