You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

Re: DUBROW beat up Adler

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

KNAC.COM: That being said, you have to take a person's history into account when you enter into a business relationship with him, right?
DUBROW: Well, I didn't assemble the tour. Actually, I had passed on it three times. Some background musicians didn't want to play on it because Jani was involved. Other people didn't want to have any part of it because Joe LeSte was involved. We got on a bus, and I have a history of substance abuse myself, but not when I work. I ended up basically getting on a bus with a bunch of people who were just hammering it out with the booze. I'm not talking about my band'”Alex, Chuck or Jeff Martin, but the other guys.

KNAC.COM: You still have to be around them though'”
DUBROW: Yeah, and the worst of them all was Steven Adler. He was just a nightmare and nearly got us all arrested. Steven shouldn't be in public. I don't have any malicious intent here, but he needs to be in a home or some type of a mental institution. You might meet him for an hour and not realize it. After an hour though, you realize that this guy has some serious shit going on here. He didn't have two strokes and a heart attack because they just happened to him. He was my arch nemesis on the whole thing. Jani also saw me get physical with Steven twice, and that might have freaked him out a little bit.

KNAC.COM: Was it the result of him not holding up his end of the deal professionally or was it just a cumulative effect of day-to-day irritations?
DUBROW: Let me just try to put this somewhat vaguely: there was some contraband left out somewhere. Okay? I told Steven that if he was going to do that sort of thing on the bus that he had to be cool about it because there are other people who aren't in a band with him. Steven likes to chain smoke pot, and the smell made it like a ganja bus. You could smell it three miles away. I told him, 'If you leave your shit out, everyone is going to get busted.' He said, 'fuck you, asshole.' Guess what I did? I got physical with him, and I think that freaked Jani out. I am a live and let live guy. I've done a lot of blow in my life. I've drank a lot of booze, but I never did it in a way that infringed on anyone else's freedom or got them all arrested. That's the difference, and Steven Adler just did not care.

KNAC.COM: Yep, I can just picture the police in Tennessee or wherever taking the time to carefully study each nuance of the investigation. Actually, it would probably be more like, 'let's lynch the longhairs!'
DUBROW: Yeah, we're all going to jail. I tried to explain this to him, and he just told me, 'fuuucckk yooouu assshhooolle.' (This statement mimicked by Dubrow was done with a stoned Ozark nasal twang'”very nice.) In that retarded voice. It took three people to get me off of him. There were people on the bus when it happened, and I'm surprised it didn't make the press. It happened about two or three times. I'm a nonviolent guy, but I don't want to fuckin' go to jail.

i for one am shocked and stunned by this interview. tea.gif

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

its really sad what drugs have done to Steve's life

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I said it around here a couple days ago: success was the worst thing to happen to this guy.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Steven shouldn't be in public.

He was just a nightmare and nearly got us all arrested.

the worst of them all was Steven Adler.

he needs to be in a home or some type of a mental institution.

Steven Adler just did not care.

This my friends is why this guy will never, EVER be involved in GNR in any capacity ever again.

I tried to explain this to him, and he just told me, 'fuuucckk yooouu assshhooolle.'

Can you imagine him saying something like this to Axl before the band hits the stage?? Thats a few hundred mil down the drain.

It's not happening Steven.

i for one am shocked and stunned by this interview.

Ha, I'd love to see video of Dubrow telling this story. I have read a bit about how that tour was a disaster, but I had no idea it was this bad.

The guy needs major help, and he needs to see a doctor besides Dr. Feelgood.

I said it around here a couple days ago: success was the worst thing to happen to this guy.

I agree. He started going downhill the split second that the band hit the big time.

One of these days, and its probably not too far off, we are all gonna wake up and hear that some sort of tragedy has struck his life.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah it's kinda sad, the guy wants more than anything for there to be a GN'R reunion, yet he would be one of the major obstacles to one, due to his fried brain and continual apparent "in your face" drug use.

WOW, well you know, you can't get cleaned up unless you really want it.   I don't know how much family he has so there is nothing to really be the driving factor.   If he had a wife, kids, maybe that might be a way for recovery but he doesn't want to stop.

This is a glimpse into the behind the scenes of Steven, from what seems like he is a nice guy, always smiling to a completely drugged out nutjob.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Can you imagine him saying something like this to Axl before the band hits the stage?? Thats a few hundred mil down the drain.

If you read Slash's biography, he says Axl never really liked Steven because Steven was always so direct with him and told him how it is. 

I doubt he would have been involved with GN'R anyway, even if he was clean!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

nugdafied wrote:

Dubrow beating on retarded stoners......what a meathead. He was obviously jealous of Adler's hair.

Board footer