You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Lamest reunion in world history now upon us

James wrote:

Late '80s/early '90s hard rockers TRIXTER will reunite for a tour in 2008, the group's guitarist Steve Brown revealed during a recent appearance on the "Red & Jerry's Rockin' Metal Revival" radio show. Although no official timetable has yet been set for the reunion, Brown stated that the trek would most likely take place "in the spring or summertime."

Formed in Paramus, New Jersey in 1984, TRIXTER's self-titled debut album attained gold status (reaching #28 on The Billboard 200 in 1990), and spawned three minor hit singles: "Surrender" (#72), "One In A Million" (#75), and "Give It To Me Good" (#65). Despite the fact that none of the singles made the Top 40 or garnered much radio airplay, the videos for all three tunes were in heavy rotation on MTV (especially "Give It To Me Good", which was #1 on the channel for several weeks). A follow-up effort, "Hear", came out in 1992, but failed to reach the same commercial heights.

The band recorded an album of cover songs, "Undercovers", in 1994, which garnered little commercial success, and TRIXTER broke up shortly after its release. Today, the former TRIXTER members are working on various solo projects while drummer Mark Scott owns a successful restaurant, The Copper Bottom, in the Village of Florida, New York. PJ Farley is currently the bass player for the band RA.

An audio clip Steve Brown talking about TRIXTER's reunion plans on the "Red & Jerry's Rockin' Metal Revival" radio show can be downloaded at this location.

http://www.theclassicmetalshow.com/inte … eBrown.mp3

James

James wrote:

I care more about a dog turd than I do about this. I'm shocked they are even doing it. They were popular for like 5 seconds and there is no way in hell that there's any demand for this at all.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

If you take White Lion, Mr. Big and Poison (in their decline)...mix them up with less talent and lack of any good songs, you get Trixter.  These guys made Hanson look like rockers.  These guys are really living in a dreamworld if they think they could even sell out at a McDonald's birthday party.      16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't remember any of the songs.  I vaguely remember some glam looking guy with black hair and a headband in a video.  Hey, they made it further than I did.  I've never even had a band.

James

James wrote:

I think bands like Trixter, Firehouse,etc. helped usher in the grunge movement even quicker than it would have happened. It would have happened anyways as grunge had the full support of the media, but when the media and public seen these wastes of space type bands on the tv and radio representing hard rock, everyone knew it was time for a change.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I think bands like Trixter, Firehouse,etc. helped usher in the grunge movement even quicker than it would have happened. It would have happened anyways as grunge had the full support of the media, but when the media and public seen these wastes of space type bands on the tv and radio representing hard rock, everyone knew it was time for a change.

I couldn't agree more.  I have long said that THIS is the real reason along with the fact that the bands that were good got lazy and either put out shit albums or went years without anything at all.  However when bands like Trixter, Firehouse, Mr. Big, (insert other meaningless band here) started popping up everyone wanted nothingmore than to kill these fags off.  This opened the door and then the great music of Mother Love Bone, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam (and a few others) kicked it down.

You have GOT to be kidding me!  laughbounce3.gif

I digged Firehouse 9

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Trixter! haha.. this is funny.  What next?  A Love-Hate reunion?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Backslash wrote:

Trixter! haha.. this is funny.  What next?  A Love-Hate reunion?

Nelson.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer