You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Re: Gary Coleman dies at 42

Mike wrote:

PROVO, Utah '“ Gary Coleman, the child star of the smash 1970s TV sitcom "Diff'rent Strokes" whose later career was marred by medical and legal problems, has died after suffering an intercranial hemorrhage. He was 42.

Utah Valley Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Janet Frank says life support was terminated and Coleman died at 12:05 p.m. MDT.

Coleman, with his sparkling eyes and perfect comic timing, became a star after "Diff'rent Strokes" debuted in 1978. He played the younger brother in a pair of African-American siblings adopted by a wealthy white man.

His popularity faded when the show ended after six seasons on NBC and two on ABC.

He suffered continuing ill health from the kidney disease that stunted his growth and had a host of legal problems in recent years.

Source: Associated Press

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Always drives me nuts when journalistic cocksuckers have to throw in his "legal" troubles

who gives a shit, man was fighting for his life, i don't want to read how he had a domestic violence charge and all other sorts of shit.

He was one of my favorites growing up and this really sucks.

RIP

Bret Micheals better get his ass in gear and recover and stop milking it for a comeback. cause he isn't outta the woods.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

rip little man..different strokes was 1 of my earliest memories of tv
something i knocked up 50 yrs ago while bored..  its now my tribute heh

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Always drives me nuts when journalistic cocksuckers have to throw in his "legal" troubles

who gives a shit, man was fighting for his life, i don't want to read how he had a domestic violence charge and all other sorts of shit.

He was one of my favorites growing up and this really sucks.

RIP

Bret Micheals better get his ass in gear and recover and stop milking it for a comeback. cause he isn't outta the woods.

Kind of like Corey Haim dying of pneumonia, yet his drug history was the headline in every article. What the fuck does drugs, or in Gary's case legal troubles, have to do with a cause of death?

Gary seemed troubled by alot of stuff, and quite angry at how his life turned out. I hope he's at peace now. RIP.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He had major issues with women and in the couple relationships he had in his late 30s after popping his cherry, he was abusive. I'm not shocked that it was mentioned.

He seemed unable to come to terms with his life after Different Strokes ended, and his parents blowing all his money in the 80s probably didn't help things.

He was responsible for one of the 80s biggest catchphrases, and that will live on long after all of us are dead.

RIP Gary

God's bitch slapping of 80s pop culture continues.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

sad

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

What you talkin' 'bout Willis!

Where's Tommie?  The Stern curse continues.  Not even a full day into their vacation and a star has died.  He was just on the show not too long ago as well.

On a serious note.  I had a feeling it would end this way after reading the news about the hemorrhage this morning.  No disrespect but I don't picture Gary Coleman to be as much of a fighter as Bret Michaels.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

The fact he was a midget/dwarf whatever you wanna call it, did nothing to prolong his life.  A lot of people who suffer dwarfism dont live very long, well not as long as you and me, but Gary did ok in the grand scheme.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

No disrespect but I don't picture Gary Coleman to be as much of a fighter as Bret Michaels.

Maybe there's something to this "Stern curse" after all. If he ever retires, there might be a second holocaust....

Board footer