You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Slash Ponders GN'R Reunion 2013

Stepvhen wrote:

Guns N'Roses will be eligible for induction into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame in 2013 '“ and although he says he'll be there, former guitarist Slash says he doesn't know the event might turn out.

He says he'd have been a fan of the band even if he'd never been part of it, and he lists some unpredictable tracks among his favourites.

Slash, who left GN'R in 1996, tells Billboard.com: "I'm not sure what it was about the chemistry of the group or the songs that have resonated for so long. But there was something about the honesty of Axl Rose's lyrics and the energy of the music people related to. It was a phenomenon.

"If Guns had stayed together it would have gone through some musical changes. Axl has his thing and I was sticking to whatever it is I do. But it would have stayed as big and relevant as it was when I first started."

Unsurprisingly Slash lists the band's classics as amongst his top tracks from their catalogue: Sweet Child O'Mine, Paradise City, My Michelle and so on. But he says he's "fond" of Coma and Locomotive from Use Your Illusion I and II respectively, and says the video for Paradise City is the only one he likes because it was live.

The band become eligible for Hall of Fame induction in 2013 and it's almost unthinkable they won't be voted in first time round. Whatever happens, Slash is planning to attend.

But he says: "I have no idea how that's supposed to go. If Axl, Duff, Izzy and myself start communicating, it could go one way. If we don't, God knows.

"Guns N'Roses was all the really great bands I was turned on to as a kid. If I hadn't been in Guns it would have been my favourite band."

Source:http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/slash_ponders_gnr_reunion_in_2013.html

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I can see it now. Everyone involved with GNR from Rob Gardener to DJ Ashba showing up for the photo-shoot, with Axl as some kind of Godfather in the middle

Sky Dog wrote:

my guess is only the original band make it in.....no Sorum, Gilby, Dizzy or any contract employee.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Im not sure if the fact Axl is out there on his own with the name and also the unlikelihood of Axl and Slash being in the same building will go against them or not.. hmmm

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Im not sure if the fact Axl is out there on his own with the name and also the unlikelihood of Axl and Slash being in the same building will go against them or not.. hmmm

I think it might.  Not sure they want another Van Halen situation on their hands.  Plus, it's far from a sure thing that GNR would make it in the first try anyway.  The Hall has been known to make some odd decisions and overlook certain deserved bands over the years.  So just because they SHOULD be in, doesn't mean they will.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

it is voted on by the press so Axl def won't win any favorite votes by those holding grudges. They will do it though just to spite Axl cause it then puts him in a very awkward/bad position.

if he doesn't show up .... it will make him look terrible in the eyes of fans and media etc

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If they get into to the HOF and Axl boycotts it, it'll be the definitive career shotgun in his mouth with the trigger being pulled. Even longtime supporters would most likely turn on him.

I think they get in, and I think they all get together. Let's be honest, Axl & Slash are the ones with the grudge. No one else. I think Axl will be able to let go of it by that point, especially for an event that will be in Axl's best benefit to support.

Axl's cool with Izzy, Duff & Steven, I don't see why a one-off event, and maybe even a 2-song performance or so would be out of the realm of possibilities.

Hopefully GN'R will reunite before 2013, and we won't even half to talk about "what if this, what if that". New Guns only has so much mileage left in it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dunno alot of peopel are assuming that R&Rhof is a forgone conclusion...who else is eligible that year? maybe its not ... until its announced i wouldnt count on it

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

and ithought 2012 was the year anyway...not 2013

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Interesting how he doesn't mention a drummer in the "communication".

Board footer