You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Bumblefoot radio interview

Naltav wrote:

Starts (around) 2:15:00

http://ia360701.us.archive.org/1/items/ … lefoot.mp3

Did Bumblefoot have a good ol' slip of the toungue there, saying that Axl owes a lot of money...?  hmm He said something like that somewhere in the beginning of the interview, don't know when...  (I didn't bother to rewind, cause I had a hard time skipping back and forth to find where the interview started)
smile

Cool interview nonetheless....  22

He had a cool little dream-scenario for GNR. In between legs of the tour, they go into the studio, record a song, put it out there, people buy tickets to a show, they get the song and they play the song live!

I like that utopia!!!  22

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Had no idea he mastered the art of a GNR pipe dream. Sounds cool but it'll never happen.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Prolly right, James...

Either way, it's cool to know that someone in the GNR-camp is thinking along those lines!  smile

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

BBF is just the girlfriend on the side, dreaming of her man leaving his wife.. she does not matter and will end up being tossed aside, as are most 'Gnr' members.
If anything happens at all, its because Axl wants it to happen and not because someone else does.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

I cringe every time I see that this guy has done another "interview."

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Gong wrote:

I cringe every time I see that this guy has done another "interview."

I actually like his interviews even though I do seem to have a more pessimistic view of the current situation. Over the years he "spilled the beans" on many subjects of the saga, and did so on this very site(and the old version of the site).

In one chat here, he logged in and chatted for about three or four hours. He was so laid back and the topics discussed so varied that no one(including him) felt the need to address GNR. He just fit in with the crowd and mingled with us "normal folks".

The guy is very intelligent and can chime in on anything thrown at him. He'll always be cool in my book even if I don't swing from the nuts of the 2010 line up. He's always welcome to come back for another chat, and I'm sure he'll be welcomed with open arms just like during all the previous chats.

While I never asked him about it, I think he liked how we never used him to promote this site. We could have mentioned it everywhere and had hundreds of new sign ups each time. We did the exact opposite. We closed memberships down during the hours before and after the scheduled chats. Did it so he wouldn't be bombarded with trolls, and also so the dedicated members of this site could interact with him.

Love him or hate him, the guy has major balls to join a GNR site that practically resides in a chicken coop and be willing to answer what is thrown at him.

cafcnickdugay
 Rep: 0 

James Lofton wrote:

While I never asked him about it, I think he liked how we never used him to promote this site. We could have mentioned it everywhere and had hundreds of new sign ups each time. We did the exact opposite. We closed memberships down during the hours before and after the scheduled chats. Did it so he wouldn't be bombarded with trolls, and also so the dedicated members of this site could interact with him.

Love him or hate him, the guy has major balls to join a GNR site that practically resides in a chicken coop and be willing to answer what is thrown at him.

Thats awesome man.

I'm not such a massive fan of Bumblefoot as a guitarist, despite his obvious amazing talent, but as a man and from PR terms, he has done this band a whole world of good since he joined.

Long may it go on!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I dont understand the BBF agression I see around. The guy is a freak talent on guitar, he can play anything, and he's been nothing but good to us fans.

I dont think anyone doubts that it's axl with the control and authority on when new music happens, but it's cool that bumble wants to make music, that he does meets and greets, that he comes here to chat, and that he does an awesome job on the new songs. Listened to some live boots of If the World and Scrapped the other day...killer shreds from bumble...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ron's idea of recording is great and spot on...

Too bad it will NEVER EVER happened as long as Axl's calling the shots.

Board footer