You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: What Next??

bigbri wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

Slash needs to return to his roots, and they need to drop Matt Sorum.

I found this funny. Slash return to his roots? He's been playing the same thing for 20 years! Matt definitely needs to go, you're absolutely correct there. In fact, I wouldn't mind if I never hear or see anything from him again.

agreed on Matt smile

As for Slash, I agree he's been pretty much doing the same thing.. but for whatever reason, he's not doing what he does best in VR.   Nothing outside of maybe Messages and the Slither solo sound like someting I would expect from Slash.

He definitely was underplayed a bit, but I think that's just because of the general disdain for guitar solos in the current musical landscape.

i think its more an ego thing within the band.    One thing I'll say about Slash was I never thought he was someone to try to fit the latest trend.

AtariLegend wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Contraband is a great album.

I agree with this, it isn't a masterpiece, but its definitely pretty good.

There was more good than filler, Libertad was the opposite in my view.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

VR should get angry, get united, get off the junk or whatever else is lurking, grow a set and get into the studio and give us the album that their chemistry keeps promising.. I am a big fan of the band and I rate both albums highly but seriously, they have done and could do better.

I was hoping Scott would go back to STP but if he's getting in trouble again that will not happen, he burned those guys badly enough already.

Personally, I'd eat one of my eyes to have a few songs with Slash, Duff, Brain, Dave Grohl and Chris Cornell do an album together. I can always dream I suppose..

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I'm not convinced they're through yet. Both Weiland and Slash have talked about solo albums for 08 so VR activity in next year was always going to be low, I can see them going off next year and doing their own thing without actually breaking up and just taking stock of things before making any kind of decision about VR. They've basically got a year out to each think things through before they have to look at being VR again, why make a snap call now when you have a year to make a decision. Let the Libertad tour come to an end, do the solo thing and then see what kind of state people are in at the end of 08. That'd be my thinking anyway.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Personally, I'd eat one of my eyes to have a few songs with Slash, Duff, Brain, Dave Grohl and Chris Cornell do an album together. I can always dream I suppose..

Cornell will never do anything with these guys. While Cornell obviously has nothing against Slash and Duff personally, Cornell despises the mid-late 80's rock/metal genre.

Like I mentioned at the old site, had Cornell joined VR, Contraband would have been an album full of Big Dumb Sex type songs where he is just laughing at his bandmates.

As intriguing as Cornell grouped with ex GNR members sounds, its never going to happen.

nugdafied wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

As intriguing as Cornell grouped with ex GNR members sounds, its never going to happen.

If Slash really does a guest star solo album, one can only hope Cornell & Patton lend a hand. Who knows what Cornell thinks of Slash from their touring days. The screwing inflatable dolls onstage bit could either be a fond memory or a lifelong deal breaker. 14

nugdafied wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

If Slash really does a guest star solo album, one can only hope Cornell & Patton lend a hand. Who knows what Cornell thinks of Slash from their touring days. The screwing inflatable dolls onstage bit could either be a fond memory or a lifelong deal breaker. 14

I so want Patton too.  I'd love to see what they come up with.

AtariLegend wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
nugdafied wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I so want Patton too.  I'd love to see what they come up with.

You guys do realize Weiland didn't right all the songs, it wasn't his band. There never would have been any ground for Scott to take an Axl type control of the band.

What I'm trying to say is that, he shouldn't be blamed for "Libertad".

There are members of the band that wrote alot of the music and lyrics, yet they don't get blamed...

Why is it?  Because of "Appetite For Destruction"?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

to me its not about blame its about chemestry.

Scott and Slash is like mixing wiskey and coke, it works and goes well together. But Axl and Slash was like wiskey and a match. May not work...but its pretty awesome LOL

Board footer