You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: what does Axl/GNR have to, to regain your interest 100%

Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Your total inability to accept the opinion of anyone else used to be amusing to me, now it's just plain annoying.

See. I could care less how the tours ended up. And I could care less about the fact that an album hadn't been released yet. Once again, the shows I saw between 02 and 06 were awesome.

Your inability to see the humor in what I posted is rather annoying to be honest. I for one can't see how anyone could be satisfied with the whole 2002-2006 era. Nothing fucking happend. It was sucha  boring time period for Gn'R fans. If you're happy with a handful of shows great but that fucking sucks for most people who are willing and waiting to fully support a band that in the end did fuck all.

I agree with Russtcb!

'02-'06 WAS exciting to a lot of fans! Seeing GNR out there performing actually goes a long way with a lot of fans!  smile

Axl even said on TV in '02 about the album: "...I don't know if soon is the word. We'll go in and do some more recording, start an American leg of the tour and see how it goes from there..."

And knowing how long the album had been in the works at that point in time, we knew we only had live shows to look forward to for the forseeable future. It wasn't until '06 that Axl said on Trunk that the album would be out that year, we all know how that went...

So '02-'06 was exciting!  22

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Are throwback Axlites in fashion yet again?

I'm just checking...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You guys need to stop posting so many old clips. 16 Reminding me why it was my favorite band. Keep this up, I'll be busting out AFD.....

If you knew me in my personal life and had no idea I was a post whore on a GNR forum, you'd think my favorite band was Soundgarden. Only thing that would clue you in to me being a GNR fan is when I wear the Hammerstein shirt that DTJ sent me four years ago. Of course my family knows as a good portion of my life was ridiculously spent swinging from record heights on Axl's nuts.

Hell, just a couple days ago when I saw my aunt, first thing she said was she heard Axl was touring here with Daughtry and we should all go. Had to inform her he was only playing some biker event in South Dakota.

That Farm Aid clip is just so bad ass in many ways. There wasn't a human on this earth at the time worthy of holding his jock strap.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

DJ Dumbs down A LOT of the Slash solos....  Most wouldn't notice, but I do, its fine, still sounds okay, but they are dumbed down...

I'm not saying this to be a smart ass but I thought I was the only one who noticed. I'm very glad to hear someone else caught it too.

Wow, I hadn't noticed this so much either until I saw that clip of his soloing back to back.
He does fudge quite a lot of the solos, although he does do it so it sounds ok.

I like the swagger DJ has.
Sure he's a bit of a try hard badass rock star, but he's more of a rocker than Robin, and much better suited to the old band's style than Robin ever was.
And that's not a dig at Robin, I just never saw him being too comfortable with the rock star status and style that GN'R is/was.

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

a new album pronto!!!! with current members, possible bonus cd  chinese democrocy sessions

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

They could come to Tallahassee Florida...That would catch my interest 100%

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Are throwback Axlites in fashion yet again?

I'm just checking...

I get the humor in this, but believe it or not I've never considered myself an Axlite.

I can honestly like things both of them do. But it just so happens that I usually end up liking what Axl does more. Prior to that concert in 02, I would've never thought that was possible.

But by the end of the show I thought Robin, Richard & Tommy were something. I was indifferent to Pitman, and Dizzy was Dizzy.

The only things I found lacking (ensue flames!) was Brain & BH. So when I saw them with Ron at Hammerstein it was a big step in the right direction. Later that year when they dropped Brain and picked up Frank I was worried in general. But from the first bootleg I heard, it just sounded right.

I can't think of a person Slash has played with (outside of Duff ofcourse) that's moved me the way one or another of the newer members did. If he were to play with someone tomorrow who gave me that impression, I'd be right on it.

Not to mention that I truly do like Chinese better than anything Slash has done. Not because I was a fan of Axl but because I honest to God just plain like the music better.

My definition...

Axlite = fanatic who follows Axl blindly, and never criticizes

Slashite = fanatic who follows Slash blindly, and never criticizes

I don't think the definitions have ANYTHING to do with one not liking the other for who they are. Axl hates Slash, so Axlites follow. Slash hates Axl, so Slashites follow.

But it hasn't nothing to do with the past. It has to do with the person speaking. It could be Axl hating Bruce Springsteen, or Slash hating Buckethead, it doesn't matter.

They do whatever Axl/Slash says, [insert general problem here]

If Axl hates lamb, they do too. They hate Black Eyed Peas, but love them now because Slash collaborated with Fergie, etc.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think to some, anybody that loves the new band and doesn't love Slash is a axlite...maybe a closet axlite, but and axlite nonetheless.

Board footer