You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Epiphany

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah Axl is not ALWAYS late.

Last time he played in my city first night was clock-work on time, second night was quite late.

Sure, it's possible gnr will try and play so late that the festival cuts the power, or, they'll be ready to go exactly as advertised. Either thing can happen in the world of GNR.

I don't see this stuff as the end of new GNR like you guys. Axl has a history of getting angry at people, and isn't always very contactable. Either someone hacked his twitter and the band wasn't in contact with him so assumed he'd got angry; or he really did get angry and has changed his mind now; or it was leverage to get the business types into line. But this type of thing has always been the case with GNR. There's always been the odd cancelation, riot etc, every so often a band member leaves and someone else is brought in. At worst it means we're closer to that cycle repeating it's self again....but it could also just easily be the stormy day of the tour and we'll be back to calm seas in a few shows. Either way I see no reason why axl can't keep doing what he does. While it's not the level of GNR many of us would enjoy (world domination etc) - it seems (from apparences anyway) to have worked out ok for Axl financially for the past decade or so - so it's not like he'd have to change.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The longer this goes without any confirmation, the more I believe his twitter was never hacked...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The longer this goes without any confirmation, the more I believe his twitter was never hacked...

I think we all called it on day one.... NEVER HACKED.

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

no confirmation, but the tour is on for now. My personal belief, after looking at everything, is that Axl freaked then got talked back in to it. He is smart enough to use a different phone as a distraction. Let's see what happens Friday.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

no confirmation, but the tour is on for now. My personal belief, after looking at everything, is that Axl freaked then got talked back in to it. He is smart enough to use a different phone as a distraction. Let's see what happens Friday.

Oh my god! That is so unrealistic. What a  bullshit theory you made up. How on earth could you jump to such a  conclusion. This is Axl Rose man he would never tweet form someone else's phone. No way.

tongue

Hilarious how I was bitched out the other day for even suggesting such a thing. DCK got anything to say to Madagas?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Madagas only says that, because he's Fox Mulder and sees potential in being negative.

Maddy i've got a tin foil hat you can borrow. I hate the fuckin' thing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Cramer wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah as opposed to the other sites discussing the same fucking thing but their identical posts are apparently a breath of fresh air to you.

Well since you made that comment...

Yeah, believe it or not, except HTGTH... the others have more than 5 active threads at once and more than 9 active posters.

Yea, but that's not the point. The point is that no matter how many posters, they are all essentially the same arguments. Complaining about this place is no different than any other GNR site. They're all talk about the same shit for the most part, two people or two hundred.

He just likes bitching about this place. He pulls this out of his hat every few months. You could set your clock to it. Last year he went on this huge rant about how negative this site was, yet hung out at mygnr where it was more negative than here. mygnr didn't get to experience one of his rants though because he didn't want to get flushed down madison or Eric's toilet.

Now he's taking a different approach and has turned into a forum size queen.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah but MyGNR is gooder cause Axl talk n' stuff to the peoples and and his housekeeper do stuff there.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Monkey,
That was probably one of the best worded summaries of the situation with GNR now. What a pleasure to read.

You're quite Zen about the whole thing which I think is great. For me, Ron loosing his temper with the shoddy time keeping shows to me that he has taken those first steps onto the same path as Izzy, Slash, Bucket and Robin had to walk...to the exit door.

What's worse for me is that his departure (or not) won't interest me a bit and I hate that I have been made so ambivalent about this band. That continually fuels my bemusement with Mr. W. Axl. Rose.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I still don't understand Axl using someone elses phone just in case he might change his mind in the near future. Because then you would have to accept the DJ Ashba "cover up" conspiracy theory where they're pretending to be hanging out, all just to fool people in case he decided to change his mind later, which... is a lot of work for someone who spontaneously "freaked out" and canceled a tour. And there's the whole process of trying to convince Axl Rose to do something he really doesn't want to do, most likely when he wouldn't be in the most friendliest mindset, and do it in a very limited amount of time. Don't buy it hmm

My guess, going by past actions, if he didn't want to do the tour the tour would be off.

Board footer