You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Tommy Stinson interview on WMMR

faldor wrote:

From 8/11, click on to download.
http://www.wmmr.com/shows/preston-and-steve/media/

Or you can just listen to it here.  He comes on a little more than halfway through the show here.
http://c1.libsyn.com/media/18723/PnS081 … 44676ab8b2

He explains they aren't playing Riad, due to the lawsuit, among other things.

Sky Dog wrote:

anything else interesting?

faldor

faldor wrote:

He talks about the late starts, negative crowd reaction.  The tour so far.  This interview was BEFORE Sturgis mind you, so it was ironically a precursor for things to come.  Talking about crowds getting anxious and throwing things at the stage (piss bottles).  Then again, that happens often at GNR shows these days.  Talks about plans for the future and they ask about the prospects of playing Philly again.  Tommy says he believes it WILL happen and won't be too far down the road.  One of the DJ's talks about hanging with Axl a few years back.

Sky Dog wrote:

thanks....nothing about new music?

faldor

faldor wrote:

No, nothing about new music.  One of the guys asked him if it was tough being in GNR, knowing you could have serious down time and then all of a sudden get back in the game.  That was about the closest question to the subject of new music. Tommy joked that he'd brush up on the GNR songs during the down time to stay on top of things.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

I like tommy, I think he's got as much talent when it comes to song writing and lyrics as Axl and as much Craftsmanship when it comes to his instrument as Buckethead

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Tommy & Bucket were the only things that gave it an ounce of credibility.

Tommy is the real deal.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

thanks....nothing about new music?

Wait a minute....you trying to tell me you didn't believe "same bat time, same bat channel"?

Shame on you!

Precious time...
 Rep: 2 

The longer the tour goes on the less likely the same bat time is.

Disappointing but i guess it was only a long shot.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Precious time... wrote:

The longer the tour goes on the less likely the same bat time is.

Disappointing but i guess it was only a long shot.

How is it disappointing?  Well it is if you believed it.  But anyone that looked at this with  his or her thinking head can't be disappointed cause basically it is what we expected.  If anything I think it was a little better than expected as they played some shows and realistically a silent era was to be expected.  Anyone that is still disappointed by this band needs to learn to lower their expectations to the strict minimum.

Board footer