You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: SLASH Says Movie Of His Book Could Be 'Interesting'.

James wrote:

I now understand why he has shut the door on a reunion. He doesn't need it, and never will either. 87-93 was just a chapter in his life. He has moved on.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

He's literally putting the cards in place to be a major icon for the rest of his life.

i'd say he's ensuring he's gotta decent retirement plan....the lukewarm reception VR is receiving must have woken him up a little bit, and he's simply doing what anyone else who is semi-normal would....cash in while you can....

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I now understand why he has shut the door on a reunion. He doesn't need it, and never will either. 87-93 was just a chapter in his life. He has moved on.

i disagree a little bit with that one....
i have a feeling that Slash would jump up faster than anyone if Axl made the call....

AtariLegend wrote:

I don't want to see a one-sided movie...

AtariLegend wrote:

I 100% agree here.   I'll see it but it will irk me that it is totally one sided.

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

I wouldn't really look forward to this. Sounds like a shitty idea. If a movies gonna be made of GNR it should be a decision made by all the members in agreement. By making this movie Slash would be tampering with the GNR legacy, no matter how he looks at it. It'd just be a way of misleading the general public.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I 100% agree here.   I'll see it but it will irk me that it is totally one sided.

The book isn't even one-sided.  Slash goes out of his way to praise Axl's voice, performance, songwriting, etc.  His ONLY problems with Axl in the book is not showing up for shows and not treating the rest of the band with respect.  I don't see a problem with that.  He doesn't go into Axl's personal problems other than to say he had some and they made him the way he was.  He said it wasn't his place to discuss those even though he was aware of them.  The book is very fair to Axl.

eh, but its still one person's side..  his book may or may not have treated axl fairly, I haven't read it.   but there are 4 other sides to the story.   If it was done like The Dirt, it would be much more interesting.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It is one person's side of the story, but it isn't one sided,  There is a difference.

I agree that the best story would be getting them all together to recall things that happened, but even then they wouldn't agree on what happened.  Very few movies or books about a band after they broke up are told from all sides.  The script writers have to pick one and go with it.  Otherwise you'd have a movie that contradicted itself.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer