You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNR go Gold

Sky Dog wrote:

heavy goes both ways for me as it does for Bri obviously as well.:rock:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i prefer "deep" for describing song meaning 16

while we are talking about "heavy" what gives with the collective soul song of the same name....which is neither heavy musically nor lyrically .... its one of musics great mysteries 14

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:

while we are talking about "heavy" what gives with the collective soul song of the same name....which is neither heavy musically nor lyrically .... its one of musics great mysteries 14

Good question. I never got it either. I like the Collective Soul.

Can we talk about them now? Talk about some catchy songs and cool riffs.

Sky Dog wrote:

Well, I was hammered and almost got in a fight with their guitar player at a bar in Atlanta one night....couldn't tell you his name but when I sobered up the next day, I found out he was a guitar player in Collective Soul. 5 18

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

to me when i say "heavy" i mean like hard rock "heavy"

"One" isnt a song i'd even remotley consider heavy....unless its was Metallica's version....or Creed's for that matter 16

more often than not i find myself listening to the music and its composition rather than focusing strictly on vocals...though there are times when i get into the vocals and lyrics but all in all I'm more into the instrumental side and how the singing and words fit in with the rest of the instruments...if that makes any sense

Desire is prolly one of the fastest U2 songs but doenst mean its good...in fact the composition of the music is really pretty stupid for that track...even though i have a hell of a time playing it on guitar cuz its played so damn fast

but yeah D-A-E----A-E there is the whole song for you guitar playing people just play it 30 thousand times really fast..and sing "theres a red guitar on fire, deeesiiiiiiire" ..... brilliant

Woot! Creed! lol
But just because a song is simple doesnt mean anything. Some of the best songs are simple.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Good question. I never got it either. I like the Collective Soul.

Can we talk about them now? Talk about some catchy songs and cool riffs.

Heavy is heavier than alot of their other music. That's why. lol idk but they do have some fun and interesting riffs.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Where The River Flows. Gel. Precious Declaration. Why.

All good song/riffs.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the thing about CS was they were boring as hell live....and i woulda never guessed cuz some of their riffs were awesome

their lead single was cool shit...cant recall the name for the life of me though...was it shine?

and the world i know and december were cool tunes too, the first 2 albums were amazing though...then after album 3 their wheels started falling off

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

CS was/is a cute little group, nothing more and nothing less.

saw them live a couple years ago, bought the tickets when LIVE was supposed to be there - they pulled out but i still went and had a good time.

was able to make it through the set. counting crows, on the other hand, were not able to keep my attention past the fourth song.

Note to: bigbri, madagas, strat0, and Neemo

When describing music:
Heavy = Fast and hard

When describing lyrics:
Heavy = Deep

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
war wrote:

CS was/is a cute little group, nothing more and nothing less.

saw them live a couple years ago, bought the tickets when LIVE was supposed to be there - they pulled out but i still went and had a good time.

was able to make it through the set. counting crows, on the other hand, were not able to keep my attention past the fourth song.

Yeah man I really like Counting Crows but there concert ranks up there as one fo the most boring shows I've ever seen.  I made it through Collective Soul's show as well but honestly I think it's casue I weasled my way to frnt row center. The crowd was lame, the band was kinda boring but bieng at the front kept me interested enough.  For the record the most boring/worst concert  I ever saw was REM. The crowd sucked worse than any crowd ever and the band was boring as fuck. Michael Stipe kepts saying throughout the show "We're REM and this is what we do" And I thought to myself "Man you really suck at what you do" Seriosuly they were God awful.

war wrote:

Note to: bigbri, madagas, strat0, and Neemo

When describing music:
Heavy = Fast and hard

When describing lyrics:
Heavy = Deep

I agree with this but what's funny is when describing Estranged Axl says something along the lines of "It's the heaviest stuff I've ever written along with Coma"  14

As for the song One by U2 I honestly feel it's my generations Imagine. Not nearly as popular but still.  I don't think anyone in the last 30 years has written a  song like One. The type of song that truely breaks down all barriers. Race, religion, sexual prefrence, where you're from, male or female, young or old.  It's one of the all time greatest songs ever.

I think we get carried away with our definitions of what "rocks" and what doesn't "rock". I mean if U2 gets penalized for not "rocking" the way Gn'R does than Gn'R gets penalized for not "rocking" the way Ministry does 16 My point is U2 definately rock. Just in a  different way and they rock the shit out of their live shows so....

Board footer