You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Wich one of this songs you like to see in the Next GN'R Album ?

Axlin16 wrote:

See I don't remember the Estranged comment that James speaks of.

Just forget it. I thought Buckmaster made the NR/Train reference, but I guess not.

I heard the Coma reference somewhere though, but I guess after 3 years, I could be confused. I could swear I remember Baz speaking of a 'listening party' they had at Axl's house, and there's this song he sings on, that's kind of like Coma - he was referencing Sorry.

That was after the doom metal comment. It's not that i'm saying it happened, but that's how I remembered it. Maybe it could just confusing speculation with actual statements.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Quotes tend to blur together after a few years 16

The problem with Prostitute is that the fans made it the greatest song GNR has ever done... And all they heard was the Fire and Ice comment from Buckmaster... I swear, I think the title made some fans expect it would be the next Welcome To The Jungle... And I remember people writing that. It really wasn't Buckmasters fault. And to be honest, from what I remember in his Fire and Ice interview, he wasn't even really building it up, more just trying to explain it.

A lot of people really took Prostitute personal and actually turned on the band because it wasn't what they invisioned in their minds...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

What was really strange about it all, is how many people cooked up Prostitute to be a ROCKER. Where? I understand the whole fire & ice comment, but where does it ever say it's a rocker?

Then when it leaks, and it's a ballad... you'd thought they'd announced Osama Bin Laden was joining the band on drums.

I can't count how many people I remember, when they were still going by 'Song #2' and didn't know what it was called, were calling it one of the greatest GN'R tracks ever... then when they found out it was called Prostitute, suddenly it sucks.

'Cause of a fucking title? WTF?

misterID

misterID wrote:

I think Dave is still arguing somewhere that Prostitute is not Prostitute 16

Sky Dog wrote:

It's all water under the bridge now...:smile:

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Soul Monster since Axl talked about it so good.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Double post???

misterID

misterID wrote:

There's no way I'm gettig my hopes up for a song called Soul Monster.

Now, 'Elvis Presley And The Monster Of Soul' that sounds like an eargasm right there.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
madagas wrote:

It's all water under the bridge now...:smile:

great, now a chili peppers reference
baz is not alone

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The thing about people's comments on the songs is they MAY have sounded like that then. Think how different 99 IRS sounds to the final product.

Board footer