You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Finally... new alice in chains....

monkeychow wrote:

^ Are you going to soundwave?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

here's my take on this...

nobody here is a member of alice in chains. nobody here personally knew layne. nobody here has the right to tell those guys whether or not they are right or wrong. this is THEIR band. if it were not the right thing to do, i have a feeling that they would not be doing it at all. so while you may feel like you have some say because the music spoke to you as a fan, you really don't.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I felt the same way about Queen, 'til they did the most godawful piece of shit ever recorded - Cosmos Rocks - minus Freddie Mercury.

If this Layne-less album sucks, AIC can fuck off, just like Queen.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Listening to Boggy Depot right now, I'm thinking even if it is really just a Cantrell solo album with a guest vocalist and Inez and Kinney contributing... should still be really good.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

boggy depot is a fantastic album. my one complaint is that it is a little short on rockers.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ Are you going to soundwave?

Nah, the only bands I was interested in seeing there was AIC and NIN, and couldn't afford to go to the NIN side show, so decided on the AIC gig instead.

Can't wait to see Jerry rip it up, it's gonna kick ass! 3

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

boggy depot is a fantastic album. my one complaint is that it is a little short on rockers.

Degradation Trip more than makes up for it with lots of heavy rockers!

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Degradation Trip more than makes up for it with lots of heavy rockers!

haha funny you should mention that I was actually going to correct myself. songs like chemical tribe, pig charmer, locked on, she was my girl, and anger rising are a bunch of kick ass tunes.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Just got back from the Sydney show and I am just lost for words, it was fucking awesome. The new singer William is great. There were moments I closed my eyes and it sounded just like Layne singing. Simply amazing.

I'll try to find the actual setlist, but they played so many gems - Love Hate Love, We Die Young, It Ain't Like That, Rain When I Die. And the entire band absolutely killed it.

If they play near at a venue near you, go see them and they'll erase any doubts you may have about whether they should be continuing as AIC without Layne. William sure won me over.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

I saw them on Halloween in Providence and they played 5 freaking encores. Unbelievable show, best I've EVER been too. That show was supposed to have been filmed for a dvd.

Board footer