You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

nobody ever said the 99 CD (song) would blow us away.....Scraped and Better were 100% not around in 99....:rolleyes:

yes, yes and yes

correct me if i'm wrong but it wasnt until 03, 04 that the "mind blowing" shit started happening

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The only interesting aspect of the CD era to me is the 2000-01 period when the pieces of the puzzle were finally coming together and an actual album was finally on the drawing board. He assembled a super group and had a slight chance at another 'lightning in a bottle' moment. It got flushed down the toilet, and he simply refuses to acknowledge anything from that time frame even though the bulk of the material was recorded by that line up.

It would be like during the UYI promo, Axl ignoring all aspects of that recording process and instead moaning about Traci Guns.

He doesn't even have a clue as to how to promote his album, which is frustrating considering the fact he seems so intelligent. People who bought Chinese Democracy and/or are interested in  the saga itself would like some in depth discussion from the man himself. These diatribes against Slash are unnecessary, and if necessary, are about 10 years too late.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think AR is referring to the Zutaut comment that the 2001 album was superior to what we we were hearing on the leaks.

Obviously that 99 material wasn't mindblowing.

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The only interesting aspect of the CD era to me is the 2000-01 period when the pieces of the puzzle were finally coming together and an actual album was finally on the drawing board. He assembled a super group and had a slight chance at another 'lightning in a bottle' moment. It got flushed down the toilet, and he simply refuses to acknowledge anything from that time frame even though the bulk of the material was recorded by that line up.

It would be like during the UYI promo, Axl ignoring all aspects of that recording process and instead moaning about Traci Guns.

He doesn't even have a clue as to how to promote his album, which is frustrating considering the fact he seems so intelligent. People who bought Chinese Democracy and/or are interested in  the saga itself would like some in depth discussion from the man himself. These diatribes against Slash are unnecessary, and if necessary, are about 10 years too late.

I 100% agree, and I know AR was referring to Zutaut's comment about 91-92 actually....the album I want to hear is what should have came out before the 2002 world tour and before the MTV catastrophe happened. Summer 2002 was the time....period. 17:headbang::headbang:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Just read the article and ...... Damn.

I can't shake the feeling that these pissed off interviews have a direct relation to these boards. A couple "questions" I can even pinpoint to this very board.

It sucks the interview was done by Del. The interview was an Axl rant with some directions thrown in.

It was definitely interesting.

Don't know what he means by still working CD, unless there's a re-release planned.

I still think a follow up record is not too far behind.

He is still haunted by AFD, its success, UYI shortcomings, and Slash.

And this is still the weirdest band ever. And I love it 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm just hoping that he can get all this out there and then back away from the old band entirely since there is no chance of them re-uniting. 

I thought the part about a touring lineup was quite interesting.  How it would be a combo of who's in the band now and who's on the record.  (:buckethead:) 16

If he's still planning on focusing on CD for a while, it'd be best to get all this shit about Slash and the old band off his chest and then move on to the album.  It may be too late, but should he release a second edition of it, it might work out alright in the end.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Eh this article does nothing for me.  Its just propoganda, it would be like Himmler interviewing Hitler.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:

Its just propoganda, it would be like Himmler interviewing Hitler.

Karma 16

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:

Eh this article does nothing for me.  Its just propoganda, it would be like Himmler interviewing Hitler.

I agree. And this whole "Not until one of us is dead" bullshit is just that...bullshit. It's been done to death by the Eagles, Van Halen, and countless others. Axl needs to stop being a bitter old man and at least confront his own demons if he's not going to confront his fans. And personally, I'm getting really sick of the Slash hatred in every "interview" he gives. I've supported the CD line up since the whole saga began. I cheered right in the front for Robin and Bucket and Bumble. But you wanna know who's a Slash fan and should apparently just fuck off? I'm a Slash fan. And I'm about ready to do just that.

Board footer