You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

Smoking Guns wrote:

MisterID, ouch, that hurt!!!  14  Its all in good fun.  But these interviews make me like CD less and less... Even though I should separate the two, it makes CD come off as contrived because it tries to be anti Izzy, Slash, Duff so hard it hurts the album and ultimately Axl.  Does Axl seem happy to you?  Does he seem at peace?  I think not, and that is sad.  His hate for Slash makes him a miserable bitter man, it appears.  I could be wrong, but it does seem that way.

Beta should be fired, she has done a terrible job of healing Axl and seems to have done more harm.  He needs all the hanger ons out of his life it seems.  Beta has brainwashed Axl to actually beleive the shit he says.  Del isn't innocent either, he is an emotional drug dealer to Axl.  He is an emabler to Axl.  Axl actually needs to do some drugs and mellow the fuck out.  And this is coming from somone that doesn't do drugs, but he needs something.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Now I really wonder what Slash did to him. Perceived or real.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Man, that was an insane bashing of Slash. For fuck's sake, he acted like Slash is some average guitarist. Axl seems to have forgotten that one of the reasons he became such a huge star in the first place is because of the combination of his kickass vocals howling over Slash's classic riffs and solos. It's a shame that Axl is so bitter about personal BS that he can't even objectively acknowledge Slash's ability as a guitarist and contribution to the world of music.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

GNR is NIN now. This is the second interview where he pretty much admits this, so any aspect of this being a 'band' environment should be tossed out the window. I have nothing against it being NIN and have said it should be marketed as such for years, but maybe now various nutswingers will stop proclaiming GNR is a band like they used to be years ago. They aren't, and the man himself admits it.

Favorite part of the interview is where he puts the 3 to 4 albums of material in the vault bullshit to rest. That went on way too long and he should have cleared the air on that years ago. Now we know to only hope for one more album from that time frame, and to not expect it anytime soon. He's already backpedaling on recent comments about it coming next year, although that's just par for the course.

Yeah, all the talk of massive amounts of recordings was a bit too lame for me, and for the record. I've no problems with GNR=NIN Brand — And HELL YEAH! — All of this "reunion" talk-crap can be laid to rest, for good (only one can hope). No offense but, even if this reunion did in fact take place, it would probably become a huge disaster in the making... Far too many years have passed, it was a great moment in rock music while it lasted... Let us all move on and for God sake's Axl, lets hear more about Chinese Democracy! Anything, the recording process, what's the best song from the album (although I think that was answered I believe?) — and in all seriousness, just talk about the future of GNR please...

19:beer:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Now I really wonder what Slash did to him. Perceived or real.

Me too. I'm thinking it was in fact Axl, who became so attached to Slash, and not the other way around.

It ended up being like a marriage, where you find out the partner is nothing like you perceived. Slash started drifting away, and they started not seeing eye-to-eye musically (trouble), and then Slash divorced him (quit the band).

And Axl's been on the warpath ever since.

Hell Hath No Fury like a frontman scorned, I guess.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

There is always the theory that Axl thought Slash would be nothing without him and the fact he started VR and was so successful, maybe that kind of got to Axl a bit.

maybe he always expected Slash to come crawling back.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I really miss the Stephanie bashing. I'd also like to read more Axl hatred about former school friends, or some nurse who didn't do her job when Axl was 3 years old. This man does not live in his past, hands down.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
-D- wrote:

There is always the theory that Axl thought Slash would be nothing without him and the fact he started VR and was so successful, maybe that kind of got to Axl a bit.

maybe he always expected Slash to come crawling back.

Could very well be a possibility.

That whole 'statement' that Slash arrived at his house, and proclaimed him king and the better man, blah blah blah, pretty much proves Axl was waiting for something like that, and even any kind of appearence by Slash within 3 miles of Axl's house, would be twisted into what it was.

Mikkamakka wrote:

I really miss the Stephanie bashing.

You think he's pissed about Slash? He must be infuriated by Stephanie.

She looks like this now, after about a dozen kids...

stephanie-seymour-plastic-surgery.jpg

Axl looks like this sitting on his ass for 10 years...

axl_plastic_surgery-714641.jpg

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I'd fall in love with those I mean her too.

Look we don't know what happened to Axl and Slash personally. Maybe there is more behind than everyone seems to think they know. Axl is talking about it now and well that's what he is deciding to open up with at this moment in time. Wrong or right at least he is talking. I am a fan of both Axl and Slash and I just take both their words about each other with a grain of salt.

How people can care about this in such a way I will never understand.

It's his personal opinions. Big deal.

He's got his, I've got mine and you've got yours. It certainly doesn't change my opinion on either him or Slash no matter what he'll say.

And it's not like we didn't already knew any of this before - just go back to 2002 and read a certain letter again.

My point is that you shouldn't take things so damn seriously all the time...

Board footer