You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

Axlin16 wrote:

Good point Olorin. If anyone needs any proof of how he tries to change history to suit his own needs.... look at the cop out statement on "loving Slash".

He knows what he said. roll

AtariLegend wrote:

I think you guys are fuckin' ridiculous, it's because of us that he even does interviews. So so many of you spend so much time going on about how Robin Fink & the music sucks... and you wonder why he doesn't want to talk about the music.

So many of you spend time going on about a reunion and how everyone has their price, when the guy obviously doesn't want any part of it. I think it's clear why he wants to put it to put the issue to rest.

^...And according to Axl he said "Loved" as in did, back in the day. Which has hardly contradictory given the few other times he's spoken out about it in the past decade.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I think you guys are fuckin' ridiculous, it's because of us that he even does interviews. So so many of you spend so much time going on about how Robin Fink & the music sucks... and you wonder why he doesn't want to talk about the music.

So many of you spend time going on about a reunion and how everyone has their price, when the guy obviously doesn't want any part of it. I think it's clear why he wants to put it to put the issue to rest.

^...And according to Axl he said "Loved" as in did, back in the day. Which has hardly contradictory given the few other times he's spoken out about it in the past decade.

This wasn't an interview dude. This was a completely controlled and manipulated setting where his "friend" asked him questions. He used this as a means to vent his bitterness and obvious jealousy of Slash and he used it as yet another venue to express his "poor me" syndrom. If he wants to do a real interveiw do a fucking real interview with someone who's not puckering their lips up to ass on an ongoing basis.  Fans react this way because he's such an assclown and the shit he says justifys the fans reactions.  These bullshit "interviews" he does are such a  lame attempt to make it seem as if he's the only one with any real integrity but inreality all he accomplishes is to further prove what a  fucking douche he is.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

how about Axl grows some balls and actually says what Slash did thats so bad....
or is it absolutely fuck all ? I used to look up to Axl too..  He`s goin the way of the Adler

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Hey guys, anything interesting going on? Been away a bit.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Well I don't believe him, to be honest with you. And i'm a pretty big, sometimes ridiculous, defender of Axl and his motives.

I think he pussed out of the statement.

Bono wrote:

This wasn't an interview dude. This was a completely controlled and manipulated setting where his "friend" asked him questions. He used this as a means to vent his bitterness and obvious jealousy of Slash and he used it as yet another venue to express his "poor me" syndrom. If he wants to do a real interveiw do a fucking real interview with someone who's not puckering their lips up to ass on an ongoing basis.  Fans react this way because he's such an assclown and the shit he says justifys the fans reactions.  These bullshit "interviews" he does are such a  lame attempt to make it seem as if he's the only one with any real integrity but inreality all he accomplishes is to further prove what a  fucking douche he is.

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y. The problem is there are factions even within the anger. There's babies around, pissing and moaning because Axl doesn't love Slash, and there won't be a reunion.

The problem now is - NEW band fans are pissing and moaning, which is a massive red flag. He's starting to alienate his own supporters.

The media might hate Axl, and I believe that, but I also believe that Axl doesn't have the balls to do a straight forward interview. And I don't mean "homeboys" from back in the day like Loder or Norris. I mean someone totally fresh. Eddie Trunk would've been a good choice, until he pussed out and totally softballed the whole thing in 2006 on the radio.

The fans are reacting this way, because instead of talking Chinese Democracy, and the future of Guns, all he talks about is the past of Guns & Slash. I'm all for Axl talking shit, and letting the dirt fly in the right forum, like an autobiography, which would be cool as shit. But doing "interviews", which should be done to promote Chinese, are spent talking about the past.

I'm beginning to think he doesn't talk about new Guns or Chinese, because there's no future for it. The album is dead, the singles are dead, the video is NEVER coming out, and the whole thing just seems like another false start like 2002. Problem is... he's out of starts, and now it seems he's just blowing up the ship, and taking everyone with him.

Ron, Brain & Chris have been far more informative speaking of the album than Axl himself, whom the album would not exist without.

mickronson wrote:

how about Axl grows some balls and actually says what Slash did thats so bad....
or is it absolutely fuck all ? I used to look up to Axl too..  He`s goin the way of the Adler

Axl started teasing us a bit in 2002, and more recently with the forum posts with true nitty-gritty details. But he still hasn't taken it to the next level.

If he's gonna go this route, the nasty route, that's fine. But let's take the fuckin' gloves off, and do it both guns blazin', not this "let me throw my hand grenade in the room, slam the door shut, and run" bullshit he does.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axl needs to get his head out of the past. And I can already see his next "interview" or internet posting will be filled with, "Yeah, everyone wants me to talk and tell my side, and when I do, I get shit on."

The thing he doesn't get, and never has since trying to control the interviews during UYI, is that you don't have control over the way people think or interpret your comments. That's the way it is.

Things aren't black and white and the 'you're either with me or against me' mentality doesn't fly. When he said "the same idiots are still demanding a release date for the next album" not only shows that he reads these boards, but he's too over sensitive and almost resentful over the fans and doesn't have a real understanding of his fans.... Wanting another album is a HUGE compliment. No one is demanding a release date. Where are people demanding a release date? I think that's very eye opening how he sees things regarding us.

He needs to re-think his definition of a fan. If jarmo and adz is his blueprint of what a fan is he's going to shrink and alienate his fanbase even more. People who stand in line to lick his ass first isn't a fan. I've noticed the Axlites are getting thinner and thinner. And they aren't helping his cause.

His paranoia and bitterness is actually sad. I really feel bad for him. sad

Del, Fernando and Beta are the worst things that's happened to Axl regarding his relationship with the fans. Their interactions on these boards haven't showed anything else.

I really wish he'd just focus on the furture. He could have handled this thing very differently. He could have basically said things went down between he and Slash that will make it impossible to associate in any compacity together in the future. And that he is now focused on the future... Which ironically, most of his fans are concerned about. Unfortunately, he's much more interested and motivated by his detractors than his real fans. hmm

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Things aren't black and white and the 'you're either with me or against me' mentality doesn't fly.

It does if you're a sith.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Meh Axl's become boring and predictable. Same shit different day.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

His paranoia and bitterness is actually sad.

I agree. The guy wasted so much time and talents just to run in place and release a 'Slash album' in 2008 when that bullshit should have been resolved ten years ago.

He does read the forums obviously, and he should realize that insulting fans(and also dividing them) only hurts him in the long run because it turns off the casuals in droves and all he accomplishes is riling up a few thousand nerds on the internet. He also shows he is completely incapable of moving forward with his career. He has an album on store shelves(first time in 15 years) and he's more concerned with Slash(who he hasn't seen in 13 years) than anything else.

I'll never understand his desire to divide his own fan base. Never made any sense. He bitches at fans who live in the past(how ironic), and bitches at fans who want to hear GNR music in the 21st century. The only people who benefit from the divide are the 'inner circle', and apparently that inner circle wont be pleased until he is completely irrelevant.

Board footer