You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: Revisiting Slash's Snakepit

Furbush wrote:

the only potential throwaway on 5 o clock is jizz da pit...and maybe doin fine
great record...
i think axl and duff walked away from it because it is a bit "redneck blues" for guns... but all in all a great record... i heard slash and eric dover do beggars on waaf back in the day.... i lean more toward that version... had a waaaay more cool, laid back back vibe.. i hate everybody (but you) is a bad ass song..
edit...
it took me YEARS to get into ain't life grand. it initially turned me off cuz i loved the first one and it sounded like a cock rock all star record...
but i've grown to appreciate it more in the last year or so... when it came out i bought it and listened to it ONCE... and thought it sucked. bad...

Cav
 Rep: 1 

Cav wrote:

It's five o'clock somewhere in its entirety is all you need to know about snakepit.

Ain't life grand is a different band and just aint up to much, IMO.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

finally getting the chance to listen to Ain't Life Grand for the first time ever....

I'm underwhelmed the first time though sad

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

finally getting the chance to listen to Ain't Life Grand for the first time ever....

I'm underwhelmed the first time though sad

There are good songs, trust me. Shine, ALG and Serial Killer (minus the stupid lyrics) are among the best tracks Slash ever wrote. I really like Been There Lately and Back to the Moment, too 9

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah landslide was ok and aint life grand was weird funky...the last couple notes of the song are so much like NR haha

Speed Parade is pretty cool, then i havent heard Alien yet...not really digging rod jackson though, but i am gonna give it a few more spins , just my initial opinion aint that great

5 oclock is one of my all time fave albums so this is a bit of a shock for me

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Guitar Solo in Serial Killer is fucking sick.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I think that might be why so many people have issues with Ain't Life Grand.  You go in liking the 1st album, and it ends up being an entire different beast.  Whereas 5 O'Clock is as close to what a Guns album without Axl's input would sound like, ALG is about as experimental as Slash gets, with a little more funk influence in places etc.

Similiarly, I understand why so many people aren't into new-GNR, it's sorta the same thing.  If you liked GNR mostly for the 80's-ish hard rock aspects, then Chinese Democracy isn't necessarily for you.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

IFOC shits all over ALG

And Libertad and Contraband, for that matter, and dare I say... uhu, yup, CD. wink

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I quite liked Been There Lately, it has a good bouncy rocking vibe 3

Never got into VR at all, I think the lyrics of Contraband put me off them, I found them quite weak, I was really excited about that album as well. I havnt heard Libertad other than seeing the videos on TV.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I think that might be why so many people have issues with Ain't Life Grand.  You go in liking the 1st album, and it ends up being an entire different beast.  Whereas 5 O'Clock is as close to what a Guns album without Axl's input would sound like, ALG is about as experimental as Slash gets, with a little more funk influence in places etc.

Similiarly, I understand why so many people aren't into new-GNR, it's sorta the same thing.  If you liked GNR mostly for the 80's-ish hard rock aspects, then Chinese Democracy isn't necessarily for you.

bingo...
i loved 5oclock....

i had to listen to ALG dozens of times before i started to appreciate it.....

Board footer