You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Knives out for Palin: McCain aides tell tales of Diva

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

What happened to all the posts that occurred yesterday in this thread?

Apologies for the error. I know you and Pasnow replied a few times to my post, and last night I wrote a couple long responses to each. When I got back online a couple hours later, some sort of forum glitch happened and the hundreds of posts made here in the previous 24 hours or so were completely gone.

There's no way I'm typing all that again(probably couldn't remember half of it anyways 16 ), and I don't expect you to either.

We'll just agree to disagree in this round of the Reagan vs Clinton debate. 15

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

What happened to all the posts that occurred yesterday in this thread?

Apologies for the error. I know you and Pasnow replied a few times to my post, and last night I wrote a couple long responses to each. When I got back online a couple hours later, some sort of forum glitch happened and the hundreds of posts made here in the previous 24 hours or so were completely gone.

Sounds like a Dick Cheney jobbie. haha, j/k

James

James wrote:

Evo had to make some budget cuts, so Clintonian nutswinging was the first 'non essential' to go. tongue

On topic, while I had nothing against Palin, I'm glad that she is finally fading into the sunset, at least temporarily.

Her career isn't over though. There was a recent poll of republican 2012 nominees, and Palin and Jindal were tied.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Her career isn't over though. There was a recent poll of republican 2012 nominees, and Palin and Jindal were tied.

Yeah but they picked Romney at CPAC so its all good 9

James

James wrote:

A Mormon will never be president, so his aspirations have hit a brick wall. He is actually a solid candidate to a degree(although I don't really like him), and if he didn't have the Mormon aura surrounding him he would be a legitimate threat.

He was a formidable opponent to McCain and in some states actually had very high poll numbers, but always tanked in crunch time.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

He was a formidable opponent to McCain and in some states actually had very high poll numbers, but always tanked in crunch time.

IIRC, wasn't he the Republican candidate who had changing positions on all the major issues?

The guy to watch out for might be Jeb Bush, although if he's smart he'll wait till 2016 where his brother's presidency might be a little better forgotten.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

IIRC, wasn't he the Republican candidate who had changing positions on all the major issues?

Yeah, but so did all the other republican candidates. Couldn't run on Bush's record which they all previously supported, so the campaign turned into a series of flip flops.

In my opinion, the Bush name is permanently tarnished.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with James. The Bush name is forever tarnished. W could be the greatest President in American history... they've already stamped his ticket.

Jeb Bush ain't got a prayer to even make it out of a primary. If Jeb wants to get involved in Washington politics, the best he can hope for is winning maybe a Republican seat for FL up in the House.

I remember Jeb Bush being governor... he's not Presidential material. He is one of the most boring, no thought, lame public officials you've ever seen in your life. The only reason he got 8 years as FL governor, was because the Democrats that ran against him were worse.

George W. Bush is Ronald Reagan compared to Jeb Bush.

Jeb Bush is the Dennis Kucinich of the Republican party.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I don't know much about Jeb as Gov, but I could myb see him running in 2016 (needs time to let W's name get out of peoples memory). Myb chosen as VP, myb. As for 2012, I'd guess Newt Gingrinch will be in the mix. Especially if things are improving in 4 years, nobodys going to tarnish their chances by losing to the incumbant if it seems likely Obama would be re-elected(Charlie Crist, Tim Pawlenty, Palin, Jindel). So they'll wait 4 years. They'll throw a good guy, with good record & party values in, like Walter Mondale 84 & Bob Dole 96, with little chance of winning.

As for Romney, he just seems fake, like he should be President on the West Wing. He flip flopped, only to align himself more GOP for a then future Presidential race. He'll probably run in 2012. As for being a Mormon, I think that may hinder some votes, but I don't think that's the sole reason he lost, he's a bit phoney & unlikable too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Crist is very likely, so is Gingrich. I wouldn't be shocked to see Huckabee run again, considering he caters to extreme right, and also held in with McCain for awhile, much more so than alot expected.

Even at this point, this early in, unless the Republican party runs out Jesus Christ himself... Obama can probably go ahead and rent the office furniture for the next 8 years.

Romney has VP candidate ALL over him. He WILL run on the Republican ticket as a VP at some point.

Board footer