You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Re: SKID ROW Guitarist To SEBASTIAN BACH: 'Blow It Out Your Ass, Buddy!

Acekicken wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I definitely will check those out for sure, thanks Acekicken 22

Your welcome 3

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

you know your shit ace, cheers.   and i dont care to see a skid row reunion all that much either.  Baz played a lot of the hits on tour with GnR last year and the songs sound just as good with the band he has now.   Skids need Baz way more than Baz needs those guys.

In another gnr parallel, I think they needed each other.  Baz can't write good songs to save his life, but he has a great voice for 80's rock music.  The guys in Skid Row wrote great songs, but needed someone like Baz to execute them.  Once again, neither has been as good apart as they were seperate. 

Someone listed Baz's post Skid Row career earlier...his most successful projects were all him performing songs written by someone else, mostly in musicals.  His best albums were unquestionably with Skid Row and he's never even come close to that success on his own.  Even going around promoting this album and Axl's presence on it like crazy hasn't led to strong sales.  Same thing for Skid Row post Baz.  None of this is coincidental.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

you know your shit ace, cheers.   and i dont care to see a skid row reunion all that much either.  Baz played a lot of the hits on tour with GnR last year and the songs sound just as good with the band he has now.   Skids need Baz way more than Baz needs those guys.

In another gnr parallel, I think they needed each other.  Baz can't write good songs to save his life, but he has a great voice for 80's rock music.  The guys in Skid Row wrote great songs, but needed someone like Baz to execute them.  Once again, neither has been as good apart as they were seperate. 

Someone listed Baz's post Skid Row career earlier...his most successful projects were all him performing songs written by someone else, mostly in musicals.  His best albums were unquestionably with Skid Row and he's never even come close to that success on his own.  Even going around promoting this album and Axl's presence on it like crazy hasn't led to strong sales.  Same thing for Skid Row post Baz.  None of this is coincidental.

I agree to a certain extent. I really don't think Bach wants to be known as the guy who used to be in Skid Row though. I think they're totally ok with people thinking he's still around though.

Yet another parallel.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm assuming you're insinuating that GNR is happy with people thinking Slash is still around. If that's what you're getting at, you have to know that's ridiculous.

Not GNR necessarily, but some of the leeches are for sure.  They need the band to have some relevancy as long as possible and having the fact that Axl is the only person left as common knowledge won't help that.  All the things that have been done (such as not updating the website, few band photos, little public fanfare about their tours, using Slash and Duff's images, having Izzy on tour, etc) is done for a reason.  Axl and his yes men are far more calculating than you're giving them credit for.

This is all my opinion of course.

Acekicken

Acekicken wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Having bee a Sebastian Bach fan since I was 14
I have to disagree.  Even with them he wrote great songs
like Slave to the grind,Wasted Time ,In a darken room Beat you self blind.
I guess it depends on if you really like Heavy Metal..

His new CD Angel Down he wrote some great songs
like You don't understand,Falling into you,By your side,Stabbin Daggers
Take you down with me.

Skid Row have not written a great song in years.
There last 2 CD's show that...

Sebastian is a very good song writer as Angel Down
shows,he is not afraid to move forward & not live off past glory
as all 5 CD's he has done since his departure from Skid Row show..

He dose have a well balance fan Base My teenage daughter
& pretty much all her friends are into Sebastian especially the Frame Shift
CD that is Progressive Metal,Border line Nu Metal.....My kid bought
her own CD of Angel Down & Absence of empathy & a few friends bought
Angel Down some like it better than the Frame Shit CD but the majority like
the FS 2 Cd better,it's funny when I bring up Skid Row some of them don't even
like it but are very much into what he is doing now,They are all Gilmore Girls fans
which is still rather crazy to seem him in the reruns of that Show but there is 5 years
of him on ther.

Acekicken

Acekicken wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I agree to a certain extent. I really don't think Bach wants to be known as the guy who used to be in Skid Row though. I think they're totally ok with people thinking he's still around though.

Sebastian has done so much since leaving Skid Row.
There are fans who really just like the stuff he did on Broadway
& his from his Acting  in the TV show Gilmore Girls & Trailer park boys.

He was great in the movie Don't fear the reaper & Point doom
There are fans wish Skid Row would get back together but IMO
Sebastian continues to show year after year that he is a Star with or with out them.

His time in Skid Row was great In 1991 Skid Row was the biggest Band in the world
Slave to the grind Debut as #1 on the Billboard Charts,They where on tour with Guns n Rose
& had just finished a tour with Aerosmith. I think Baz has proven he can make it on his own
but his quest is to be bigger than he was in 91-92 & lets face it that a tough thing to do..

If there is one Rock star out there who's as big as he was in the 80's it's Axl Rose.
He is best known for his Appetite for destruction & im not talking about the CD.
His time spent in the media for all the Riots & Chaos that happen put his fame on a petistle
The first Gun's record is Killer Hard Rock with influence of Metal & Punk.

Even X Gunners do not have the fame he dose.     

The mystique around the Chines Democracy is
another thing that has brought an abundance of media focus
but that CD has a lot to live up to. Personally have seen his new group

I really like them & song's like Better,Madagascar & IRS
As a Sebastian Bach fan I really want to hear the song Sorry.

When Chinese Democracy dose  come out I have a feeling it's
going to be huge &  break all types of record sales & truly make history.

But the real challenge will be it's follow up.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Acekicken wrote:

Sebastian has done so much since leaving Skid Row.
There are fans who really just like the stuff he did on Broadway
& his from his Acting  in the TV show Gilmore Girls & Trailer park boys.

He was great in the movie Don't fear the reaper & Point doom
There are fans wish Skid Row would get back together but IMO
Sebastian continues to show year after year that he is a Star with or with out them.

His time in Skid Row was great In 1991 Skid Row was the biggest Band in the world
Slave to the grind Debut as #1 on the Billboard Charts,They where on tour with Guns n Rose
& had just finished a tour with Aerosmith. I think Baz has proven he can make it on his own
but his quest is to be bigger than he was in 91-92 & lets face it that a tough thing to do..

If there is one Rock star out there who's as big as he was in the 80's it's Axl Rose.
He is best known for his Appetite for destruction & im not talking about the CD.
His time spent in the media for all the Riots & Chaos that happen put his fame on a petistle
The first Gun's record is Killer Hard Rock with influence of Metal & Punk.

Even X Gunners do not have the fame he dose.     

The mystique around the Chines Democracy is
another thing that has brought an abundance of media focus
but that CD has a lot to live up to. Personally have seen his new group

I really like them & song's like Better,Madagascar & IRS
As a Sebastian Bach fan I really want to hear the song Sorry.

When Chinese Democracy dose  come out I have a feeling it's
going to be huge &  break all types of record sales & truly make history.

But the real challenge will be it's follow up.

Axl Rose is NOWHERE near as big as he was in the 80s - well, maybe the early 80s.  Sorry.  As for Baz, he has a much better chance of being as big as he was at his prime than Axl does because Axl's peak was much higher.

Maybe the ex-gunners don't have the same amount of fame that Axl does, but I assure you that some of them have a lot more respect in the music industry.  Fame isn't always a good thing - especially when the only time you make the news recently is for being a 44 year old that bites people in the leg or when someone's making a joke about the album you've been working on for 15 years.

Board footer