You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: 'Chinese Democracy' Officially Drops out of the Billboard Top 200

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

MisterId you're clearly in denial if you dont' think the Gn'R name holds alot of weight and you're clearly in denial if you don't believe this album was gonna sell based off the name alone for a portion of sales.

You're the one in denial, refusing to give any credit whatsoever to this band.

The GNR name has had NO WEIGHT since 93... When everyone was calling them a joke back then.

How the name had an impact on sales was because WE were following the band/album all these years. The online community. Not everyone else, who really didn't care about GNR.

Fuck me. No dude nobody was calling them a  joke in 1993. What word are you living in?   Step outside the confines of the online fanbase misterID and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

They know what you're talking about, and what you're saying is true, BLS.

No one went in buying Chinese Democracy thinking Slash was playing on it. When they heard it on the radio, if they looked it up on the net, they would know it..... This new lineup and album has been talked about for over 10 years.

If anyone bought it only because they happened upon CD at Best Buy never hearing of the album before, bought it only because of the GNR name on it, still thinking Slash and Duff was in the band, I doubt that person had the ability to actually play the album for the lack of electricity under that rock they've lived in for 14 years.

Wow. 14

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah, but considering everyone of those shows had different lineups, it pretty much cancels out your own point, lol.

2001 - Axl, Robin, Bucket, Paul, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy, Chris
2002 - Axl, Robin, Bucket, Richard, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy, Chris
2006 - Axl, Robin, Ron, Richard / Izzy (select shows), Tommy, Brain (NYC/Europe) / Frank (NA), Dizzy, Chris
2007 - Axl, Robin, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy, Chris

The point I was trying to make was people knew it wasn't the Slash and Duff GNR but a new one.

Oh well then...

SUCCESS! 22

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You guys are the ones living in the fanatsy world revolving around the old line up. EVERYONE called them a joke after 93. They were not considered cool. Sorry. Why don't you venture out of your bubble and read about that time.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Actually, people started calling them a joke in 1992, not 93.

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

You guys are the ones living in the fanatsy world revolving around the old line up. EVERYONE called them a joke after 93. They were not considered cool. Sorry. Why don't you venture out of your bubble and read about that time.

You're so fucking off base here it's not even funny. Gn'R "uncool"? Unreal.  Read about that time? How about living that time? Gn'R were never uncool unless you were lapping up Kurt Cobains garbage like a sheep. Even my freinds who liked Nirvana and the grunge scene still liked Gn'R. Uncool? What the fuck? I remember a Gn'R concert I went to in 1993 selling out instantly.  Uncool. 14  what is this? Tiger Beat.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

GNR was the bees knees in 93.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I know how you use "your friends" to base all your statistics to prove your points and "facts" 16 but I remember people laughing when you brought up GNR. That's what I remember. I also remember almost every biography or TV spot about them saying that they stopped being cool, their populairty faltering, being called a joke and were.... UNCOOL starting around 92-93.

The 90's were not kind to GNR.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

But when it comes down to it they still sold tickets and put most of the asses in the seats. If they had came out with an original album in 93/94 things would have been way different.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer