You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Theory Or The Unspoken Truth?: Robin didn't leave the band amicably.

I posted this today at the guns site, mygnr. After several pages, thy gave me my walking papers. 16 We'll give it a try here.

I honestly believe that Robin either left the band un-amicably, or was fired by Axl himself. Naturally, Axl wouldn't admit to either of these things, because both accusations would only further paint him the bad guy. The media would eat it up. 'Oh look, another guitar player left the band because he couldn't stand being around Axl's ass anymore.' Or perhaps a headline that reads: 'Axl Rose fires another guitar player for not doing his bidding.' Obviously, neither headline would help Axl efforts to go out and grab some cash this summer. Instead, it looks "friendlier" if Axl just gives us that "he'll always be a member of the guns family" jive.

IMO, Robin may have been offered a higher share of royalties by Axl just to keep his mouth shut. Let's face it, you couldn't blame Robin if he took the bait. It's not like there was any real demand for him to stay, nor will there be for him to ever come back. He doesn't need Axl. He's got a successful thing going being Trent's guitar player at the moment. And like most battered women, the 'leave with whatever you can get and go' mentality most likely would apply in this case as well.

Imagine if Robin would have spoken out about his decision to leave and basically re-iterated what the alumni (Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steve) had all said. That would have been a huge blow to Axl. Especially considering the guy was hand selected and put on the payroll by Axl himself. It's damning enough that 80% of the original alumni all told the same story, 2 employees (Gilby, Matt), and countless producers and execs. But members of Axl's hand selected "inner circle"? It would pretty much seal the deal that the last 80-100 fans on this earth would have to accept what the rest of the fanbase realized many, many moons ago.

Get lost, BBA.

You've been banned like eight times already.

Your theory is basically another way of saying that anything and everything is Axl's fault.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think that Robin got bored of the waiting game, had enough and since he didn't get a 100% promise for the 2008 release of the album, he joined NIN. That's it.

Anyway, as much as I'm critical to Axl, no need to call him King Dick etc.

AtariLegend wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

Get lost, BBA.

Maybe... "-Otis Western-" will be a bit more fun than "Otis Western-".

AtariLegend wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

Get lost, BBA.

By "fun", do you mean willing to ignore reality so some kiddies wont get their feathers so ruffled.

I think it's a pretty fair theory. In fact, I'd put money on it.  22

AtariLegend wrote:
Otis Western- wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

Get lost, BBA.

By "fun", do you mean willing to ignore reality so some kiddies wont get their feathers so ruffled.

I think it's a pretty fair theory. In fact, I'd put money on it.  22

Hilarious, given I'm like 4 years older than you...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Otis Western- wrote:

King Dick himself

'King Penis' .

King Dick himself.

Your points couldn't be made without that tripe? This is just one of the reasons people react so negatively towards your posts. There are actually people who agree with the core of some of your points, but you always have to find a way to mock either Axl or current/past band members.

Yet another reason. That's obviously a jab directed at Atari. He isn't a kid. I think(although I may be wrong) he's 19 or 20 and a college freshman. Back in 1995 I didn't think I was a kid, and if you(or anyone) had called me a "kiddie" in person using such a condescending tone, you'd immediately have been missing a few front teeth.

Hit your reset button if you want to have a Finck discussion. Drop the Axl insults and the jibes at active members of this community. This thread's obvious goal is nothing but flame bait, and this site doesn't participate in such drivel.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

"King Dick" references removed to save the thread being derailed into a bash BBA thread.

I think the theory is plausible, certainly wouldn't surprise me, though Axl seemed genuinely puzzled by Robins decision to bail without telling the GNR camp ... certainly seemed that way when I read the update on GNR.com back in the day hmm

edit: Nevermind, James has already locked the thread.

Board footer