You are not logged in. Please register or login.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

Re: Slash to Axl: "Whatever, Dude."

strat0 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Hmmm, yeah.

...But you know Slash has talked about it for the past 12 years.

"Yeah you know I love Axl, but.... it was all his fault, you it's just him he's a nutter. "

Not to sound like a nutswinger or repeat myself every time, but Axl has only talked about this like 4 or 5 times in the last 12 years. I think it's messed up that, that only Axl gets stick.

Yes but the difference is Axl has only talked like 4 or 5 times in the past 12 years 16

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Slash (as always) takes the higher ground while Axl further tarnishes his legacy and image while plundering himself into deeper obscurity and irrelevance.

In other words, business as usual

Loaded Revolver
 Rep: 6 

OMG... When Slash is asked about Axl, 9 times out of 10 he defends the guy! Not to mention that when Slash is asked about Axl in an interview, the interview isn't a fabricated interview conducted by a good friend and supposedly paid employee of Slash's! Gimme a break.

Post ONE interview, AtariLegend, where Slash says it was all Axl's fault... ONE! It shouldn't be hard since you claim there are dozens.

Thanks for the link Smoking Guns 9

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Loaded Revolver wrote:

OMG... When Slash is asked about Axl, 9 times out of 10 he defends the guy!

I agree....especially when you consider that in most interviews the interviewer is clearly baiting him and trying to get him to say something negative about Axl.

In the book I thought he went to a lot of trouble to say that although things havn't worked out, that doesn't mean he is ok with other people talking shit about Axl.

I've seen him make the occasional lighthearted joke, like the "singers" comment on the VR doco, and he's put it out there that he doesn't feel alone in the responcibility for letting old GNR die, and he's made known the major ressons he left the band, but overall I think he is far less harsh about axl than he could be if he was intentionally wanting to say something harsh.

AtariLegend wrote:
Loaded Revolver wrote:

Post ONE interview, AtariLegend, where Slash says it was all Axl's fault... ONE!

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=6055&p=1

Loaded Revolver

He basically blamed Axl? Either he did or he didn't, if you say he BASICALLY blamed him that amounts to nothing but your interpretation of what he said.

Furthermore, that was a sound bite, not an interview.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/arti … ticleid=43

Do you miss Guns N' Roses?

No. We had a fucking great time. The Guns N' Roses days were a blast! But you can't recreate it after a certain point. The lineup in the band had depleted so much. I just realized I couldn't keep doing it anymore. So I just split while it was still cool. (Laughs) You know?

What's your opinion of Axl Rose?

I haven't talked to him since I quit. That puts that concept to rest.

There has to be more to the story than that.

No, its pretty simple. He was heading in one direction and I was heading in another.It was actually a slow progression from the days when we first made a record all the way up to the final record. When our last tour ended, he made it clear which way he wanted to go musically. I tried to hang on and stay with the band as long as I could, but there was definatly limitations. It just got to the point where we couldnt work together anymore.

That's an interview, full questions and full answers.

Slash blames Adler's inability to keep drugs from interfering with his playing, thus causing him to be kicked out, Izzy's departure due to Axl's control issues and his and Duff's own drug and alcohol use, as being the biggest reasons that band broke up, he acknowledges that his drug and alcohol use more than likely played a part in Axl becoming withdrawn from the band, and in his book Slash says he's sure Axl has his points of views as to what happened with that band, and that they are every bit as valid as his own. And in the above interview, he says "WE couldn't work together", not "I couldn't work with Axl".

But apparently this is what you do here, cry about Slash blaming Axl, so I'm not gonna waste anymore of my time.:butt:

A sound bite roll

AtariLegend wrote:
Loaded Revolver wrote:

A sound bite roll

Seriously, it's invalid because you can hear him say it? 10

Sorry, I'll know better next time. tongue

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Loaded Revolver wrote:

OMG... When Slash is asked about Axl, 9 times out of 10 he defends the guy! Not to mention that when Slash is asked about Axl in an interview, the interview isn't a fabricated interview conducted by a good friend and supposedly paid employee of Slash's! Gimme a break.

Post ONE interview, AtariLegend, where Slash says it was all Axl's fault... ONE! It shouldn't be hard since you claim there are dozens.

Thanks for the link Smoking Guns 9

Loaded Revolver, is this you?  Gunner4Life?  Welcome to the greatest GNR board ever!  I think you will enjoy it here.

Loaded Revolver

AtariLegend wrote:
Loaded Revolver wrote:

A sound bite roll

Seriously, it's invalid because you can hear him say it? 10

Sorry, I'll know better next time. tongue

Dumbass, you don't hear the question he's asked, or the full context of the response. He's done interviews where he's quoting other people saying it was all Axl's fault, and says it wasn't any one persons fault, that can easily be taken out of context to make it sound like he said it.

You said Slash has done dozens of interviews blaming Axl, and that is the best you can do?

Here's a Slash interview from 6 months ago with Vanity Fair...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/Blabbe … mID=104149

VanityFair.de recently conducted an interview with VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash. Amn excerpt from the chat follows.

VanityFair.de: What do you think "Chinese Democracy" — the album your former colleague Axl Rose has been working on for ten years now — will sound like?

Slash: To tell you the truth: I already listened to it. At first I thought that I would never listen to it until it's released, but someone handed it to me and I was in my car and I was like, "Okay, let's give it a try." So I listened to it: It's a really good record. It's very different from what the original GUNS N' ROSES sounded like, but it's a great statement by Axl. Now you understand where he was heading all this time. It's a record that the original GUNS N' ROSES could never possibly make. And at the same time it just shows you how brilliant Axl is. So it was a relief for me to actually hear it.

And all your little man crush can manage to do is call Slash a cancer.

Yeah, it's me Smoking Guns 21

AtariLegend wrote:
Loaded Revolver wrote:

VanityFair.de: What do you think "Chinese Democracy" — the album your former colleague Axl Rose has been working on for ten years now — will sound like?

Slash: To tell you the truth: I already listened to it. At first I thought that I would never listen to it until it's released, but someone handed it to me and I was in my car and I was like, "Okay, let's give it a try." So I listened to it: It's a really good record. It's very different from what the original GUNS N' ROSES sounded like, but it's a great statement by Axl. Now you understand where he was heading all this time. It's a record that the original GUNS N' ROSES could never possibly make. And at the same time it just shows you how brilliant Axl is. So it was a relief for me to actually hear it.

You say your not sure what questions asked in my interview, yet you go ahead and post an interview yourself that definitely has nothing to with what the two of us are talking about... 19 Okay then.

Board footer