You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

Axlin16 wrote:

Not a bad idea. The mask is overrated. It is a true classic, yes, but this is a new franchise, a new day, and new interpretations and ideas are very very welcome after Revenge, Curse & Resurrection.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

I have to admit, I'm sort of disappointed but I rather see risks be taken instead of playing it safe. The problem I had with Rob's remake of Halloween was that he didn't use his own vision enough. It started out with his own ideas in the first half but somewhere down the line, he chickened out and remade Carpenter's original into the second half. On Rob's myspace, he says the movie is two days away from being completed and the first trailer will  show on April 17th before Crank: High Voltage.

Mike

Mike wrote:

That's a wrap!

Well, after 35 days of snow, freezing rain, fire ants, mud and blood we are done! The cast and crew kick ass beyond ass to bring you the most demented Halloween ever! In less than five months MIchael will be back in your face! And speaking of face... here is your first glimpse of one of the many faces Michael 2009.

newmask.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He's definitely attempting a bold direction that may piss off a lot of hardcore fans. This could very well be Zombie's last entry in the franchise.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wow that Michael above looks bad ass.

Maybe this will be the Friday VII-look of the Halloween franchise? Hopefully the film is better. 16

Mike

Mike wrote:

Question #1 and awesome pic

Although you've asked over five hundred questions many of them are the same questions over and over. So here's the answer to the first question that keeps getting asked.

"Is this movie a remake of Halloween 2 ?"

The answer is no. This movie has nothing to do with the movie that came out back in 1981. The only thing slightly the same is my film has a brief hospital scene at the top of the film and even that is 100% different. These are all new characters and all new situations. This is not a remake of a sequel, this is the continuing story of the Halloween I started. So hopefully that clears up that confusion.

Now I present a killer moment from the above mentioned hospital scene.

mask2.jpg

- Rob Zombie's myspace

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Mike wrote:

"Is this movie a remake of Halloween 2 ?"

The answer is no.

- Rob Zombie's myspace

We all knew that. Instead of responding to questions like that, he should answer things a bit more interesting. I checked out that blog where he was taking questions, but it was a dipshit factory so decided against submitting a question.

Major props for posting the various updates he gives regarding this. I don't monitor it like I did with his last film.

Don't remember if I mentioned this on the old site or not, but Zombie checked out our massive Halloween discussion on ROV. Talked to him a bit through myspace at the time, and was telling him about that pretty deep analysis coming from all sides, ran an IP check on the guests after telling him about it, and he was one of them. tongue Also, when the script leaked while he was still making it and we were discussing the possibility on the forum about posting it so we could all dissect it, he quickly sent me a message asking me not to allow that to be posted in the open. We of course respected his wishes.

He was very fan friendly during the making of that film. Haven't even attempted contacting him since then, but always thought that was cool. I remember when DTJ and I were bitching about a potential incest angle, I was hoping he would dive in and respond but he never did.

I wish I had archived that old thread. sad Thread was around 100-120 pages or so, and had a lot of the members discussing the making of the film, and then went into overdrive when it was released.

Has always been one of my all time favorite online discussions that I have ever participated in.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I had no idea Zombie was monitoring that thread.  That seems so long ago now.  It just blows my mind that Zombie would look on a GNR forum to hear fan reactions to his movie.

Mike

Mike wrote:

Answer to question #2 with killer pic

Another question that seem to have been asked quite a bit is about the mask. Their have been reports and rumors that he only wears the mask 25% of the time or not at all.

Well, the truth is the movie is just now being edited so the exact percentage of mask wearing is unclear at this point. But fear not, Michael is seen wearing the mask as much if not more than you've ever seen him wearing a mask in any Halloween film. As seen below. Enjoy.

mike.jpg

- Rob Zombie's myspace

Mike

Mike wrote:

James, I remember that very long Halloween thread over at ROV, good times. 9

There should be a teaser trailer for H2 on here soon, it premiered last night in the previews before Crank: High Voltage in NY and LA.

Board footer