You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

Re: Chinese Democracy/Rock Band 2 (Tracks Leaking?)

gavgnr wrote:

Bigger image of new cover for your viewing pleasure

newcover2.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Interesting. I figured that grenade cover mentioned would be the first new alternate cover we'd see.

What was that story again?  And when was it told?

I think it was in mid 2008. On the GNR official myspace page, they sent out bulletins requesting people help find some guy's missing bike. Think it also hit their official site. It was absurd, and the entire fan base went ape shit.

That might have been the beginning stage of some interesting promotional tool a la NIN, but backfired immediately because of so much apathy already built up towards the project.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Yeah i thik one of the big problems was at the time it was the only communication...They'd missed the tentative date by a year without comment...then they wrote to us to talk about a bike of someone not in the band...it was a bit like "huh?" lol....

Art looks interesting...is that a hand gone bad?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its from the same Chinese artist who designed the red star image in the booklet, Shi Lifeng.

http://www.soemo-fine-arts.com/artist?id=743

A booklet with more examples of his work would be pretty cool, I like it a lot.

AtariLegend wrote:

"Gn'R"s Iron Fist maybe...

texta.jpg

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wasnt there an article somewhere that said that they wanted to use a bunch of this guys artwork but jsut didnt have the space?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Also, during that commercial, along with that new cover, Street of Dreams is featured prominently. Re-release single perhaps?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Something like that should have been the original album cover. It grabs you immediately, and even non fans would have did a double take with that on those displays at Best Buy.

The bike cover just didn't work on any level whatsoever.

Also, during that commercial, along with that new cover, Street of Dreams is featured prominently. Re-release single perhaps?

Definite possibility.

A Chubby Checker remix?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

The lyrics in the cd booklet are a complete joke.....I won't be buying RB 2 but do hope that this site puts the real lyrics up once it is confirmed they are real.

Board footer