You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Re: Chinese Democracy Alternative Album Artwork discovered?

Coma wrote:

this was posted on HereTodayGoneToHell :
in this article about Chinese Democracy being banned in China: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1227282 … s_page_one

says this:
"Some Chinese artists, loath to be branded as democracy campaigners, declined valuable offers to help illustrate the album. "I listened to their music when I was little," says Beijing visual artist Chen Zhuo . He was "very glad" when GN'R asked to buy rights to use his picture of Tiananmen Square rendered as an amusement park -- with Mao Zedong's head near a roller coaster. Then, Mr. Chen looked at lyrics of the album's title song and, after consulting with his lawyer and partner, declined the band's $18,000 offer. "We have to take political risks into account as artists in China," says the 30-year-old."

the poster did some research on the artist in question and he appears to be a digital artist who works along side another guy called Huang Keyi.

this is the pic that's described on the article:
10217_bigpic-bg.jpg

this is how it would look like:
cdcoverrr.jpg

this could be false because it is pure speculation of the poster but it is cool and could be truth....

this is the original thread:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … ic=54656.0

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I like that...

Coma

Coma wrote:

and i found this on www.chinese-democracy.blogspot.com
chinesedemocracyalternaGMAHowAreYou.png

"What does it mean?

Well of course, Axl Rose is referencing the Steve Goodman folk song, City of New Orleans."

Good morning, America, how are you
Don't you know me, I'm your native son
I'm the train they call The City of New Orleans
I'll be gone five hundred miles when the day is done

"In this writer's opinion, the album art above is a response to the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

What do you think?"

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I'm pretty sure this was actually posted back when the release date was first announced.  I could be wrong, but I know I've seen that before.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

It has been posted before. Like Crash said when the album was around getting released. There is an alternative cover of just a red fist on the Rockband TV ad.

Coma

Coma wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

It has been posted before. Like Crash said when the album was around getting released. There is an alternative cover of just a red fist on the Rockband TV ad.

why always there is a red thing what is that makes Axl go crazy for those red stuff i dont like it seems to weird

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Coma wrote:

why always there is a red thing what is that makes Axl go crazy for those red stuff i dont like it seems to weird

I think the color red was associated with the chinese revolution but I could be mistaken.

AtariLegend wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Coma wrote:

I think the color red was associated with the chinese revolution but I could be mistaken.

This too...

800px-Flag_of_China.png

...But maybe that's just too obvious.

Coma

Coma wrote:

you're right 17 i didn't get until now 16

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I love that piece of art. Would be a cool cover.

Board footer