You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Another Year Almost Gone By

monkeychow wrote:

my problem is you could be mine. Both me and anyone i've been around is forced to stop and sing "with your ass in the air"

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Well here we are again folks, Christmas is coming up, New Years will be right around the corner and still no CD.   With that said, I don't feel the anger on the boards as much as I did last year.

IMO with Axl being on Angel Down, especially being released now, has tamed the inner jaded fan in some of us for a bit, at least for me.   Given that this is Baz's album it has giving us Axl on official recordings, the boards have been active with news surrounding that and it does keep Axl in the media at a constant right now.    GNR seems to be the buzz again, beit old GNR because of the recent specials that have aired but none the less we are seeing Axl, we aren't hearing from him but we are seeing him so that's always a plus.   

What are thoughts on the vibe of the GNR world this time of year as opposed to last year at this time.

I wish that I could say I feel this way.

Axl being on Baz's album did absolutely nothing for me. Also, I haven't noticed Axl being "a constant in the media" at all, unless it's been jokes about him. The only buzz that I have seen this year has been caused by rumors of a potential reunion and the 20th anniversary of AFD. The Biography documentary basically covered the legacy of the real band. It had nothing to do with this act that Axl has been taking on the road for the past 6-7 years.

I'm really hoping that 2008 will be the year of reconciliation between Axl and Slash. Imagine the buzz that would cause.  9

bba

bringbackadler wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Well here we are again folks, Christmas is coming up, New Years will be right around the corner and still no CD.   With that said, I don't feel the anger on the boards as much as I did last year.

IMO with Axl being on Angel Down, especially being released now, has tamed the inner jaded fan in some of us for a bit, at least for me.   Given that this is Baz's album it has giving us Axl on official recordings, the boards have been active with news surrounding that and it does keep Axl in the media at a constant right now.    GNR seems to be the buzz again, beit old GNR because of the recent specials that have aired but none the less we are seeing Axl, we aren't hearing from him but we are seeing him so that's always a plus.   

What are thoughts on the vibe of the GNR world this time of year as opposed to last year at this time.

Axl being on Baz's album did absolutely nothing for me. Also, I haven't noticed Axl being "a constant in the media" at all, unless it's been jokes about him. The only buzz that I have seen this year has been caused by rumors of a potential reunion and the 20th anniversary of AFD. The Biography documentary basically covered the legacy of the real band. It had nothing to do with this act that Axl has been taking on the road for the past 6-7 years.

I'm really hoping that 2008 will be the year of reconciliation between Axl and Slash. Imagine the buzz that would cause.  9

bba

Every interview that Baz does he is asked about Axl, I'd say that'd be a constant in the media.  I don't hear any jokes about him in any of these interviews.    When I say buzz, I mean GNR in general, you have the specials and even the Talking Metal show featuring current GNR members.   Whether it's the old band or the new band, it's buzz for Axl no matter what.

bringbackadler

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

bba

Every interview that Baz does he is asked about Axl, I'd say that'd be a constant in the media.  I don't hear any jokes about him in any of these interviews.    When I say buzz, I mean GNR in general, you have the specials and even the Talking Metal show featuring current GNR members.   Whether it's the old band or the new band, it's buzz for Axl no matter what.

I guess if you consider Frank Ferrar and BBF as being GN'R buzzworthy ??

I bet most people wouldn't even be able to tell you that those guys are in the band. Or care for that matter. Most of the GN'R buzz that was caused this year was by Slash, Duff, and Steve. Even Izzy for showing up and playing with Steve on the 20th anniverary of Appetite. I think that's what the majority of the world would consider GN'R "buzz". Not a no name drummer and BBF doing a Talk Metal show. Plus, Axl doesn't even allow those guys to talk about GN'R.

bba

bringbackadler wrote:

I bet most people wouldn't even be able to tell you that those guys are in the band. Or care for that matter. Most of the GN'R buzz that was caused this year was by Slash, Duff, and Steve. Even Izzy for showing up and playing with Steve on the 20th anniverary of Appetite. I think that's what the majority of the world would consider GN'R "buzz". Not a no name drummer and BBF doing a Talk Metal show. Plus, Axl doesn't even allow those guys to talk about GN'R.

bba

ugh.. I thought you left us for good sad  can't you go somewhere?

bringbackadler

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:

bba

ugh.. I thought you left us for good sad  can't you go somewhere?

Why would I leave ? Why don't you go back to the htgth cult if the truth bothers you that much ?

I seen you were banned AGAIN over at mygnr within the past 2 weeks. 13

bba

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

thats enough you two

blah

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It just isn't home unless JB and BBA are arguing.:haha:

BBA, concerning your previous post, BBF has talked quite a bit about GNR since joining. In fact, he has been the most fan friendly person to ever be in the band. Do I like him? Not much, and I would prefer BH take his spot any day of the week, but you gotta give credit where its due. He treats the fans with respect, and I would go as far as saying he treats them as equals.

slash rulezzzzzzzz omg i luv old gnr.  nugnr sux lol!!!!!!11111

Board footer