You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Steven Adler on Opie and Anthony HUGE GNR thing

If anything it should be for themselves.

Either way, it'll never happen.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl doesn't owe the fans anything... he can keep telling himself that.

He might not owe the fans personally, for which I agree, but GN'R, it's business and it's future... we're equal partners.

And the vast majority of the stock holders are telling the mother fucker to reunite.

And he reunites and people call him a sell-out. 

I would rather an artist make music their passionate about than keep second guessing themselves worrying about what their fans will want.  That second part is how we get bands like Nickelback.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It's not integrity if the reason behind not doing it is some old grudge.

And if CD is what he's passionate about...15 years of clutter...it's a strong indication that he needs to reunite because his "passion" destroyed first the band Guns N' Roses and now the brand Guns N' Roses.  All he has left is the old band, and that is the sad truth.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It depends how you look at it.

It could be said there is integrity in that he will stick to his grudge rather than forgive a person for the sake of dollars.

I don't know or understand why Axl feels like he does about Slash...and like any fan from back in the day I wish he didn't - but at the same time I do respect that Axl can stick his ground against all odds - public opinion, millions of dollars....whatever else. One has to respect that on some level.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

If anything it should be for themselves.

Either way, it'll never happen.

True. I said it earlier, but everyone has their selfish reasons for wanting it their way. Just because we're fans doesn't give us any say in how the band members of the original lineup conduct themselves.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It could be said there is integrity in that he will stick to his grudge rather than forgive a person for the sake of dollars.

I don't know or understand why Axl feels like he does about Slash...and like any fan from back in the day I wish he didn't - but at the same time I do respect that Axl can stick his ground against all odds - public opinion, millions of dollars....whatever else. One has to respect that on some level.

Why does the forgiveness have to be for dollars?  Fuck the money, fuck the reunion, just grow up.  Whatever happened happened 20 years ago.  It's long past time to get over it.  If you want to hate him for some other reason, fine.  But if you're still mad about anything that happened 20 years ago that you're not willing to even talk to a guy that was a friend, you need to get over yourself.

No, there's no integrity in any of this.  If Axl had integrity, he would not be touring (well I guess technically, he isn't) or releasing albums as Guns N' Roses.  Sorry, his integrity went out the window at the VMAs.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Why does the forgiveness have to be for dollars?  Fuck the money, fuck the reunion, just grow up.  Whatever happened happened 20 years ago.  It's long past time to get over it.  If you want to hate him for some other reason, fine.  But if you're still mad about anything that happened 20 years ago that you're not willing to even talk to a guy that was a friend, you need to get over yourself.

No, there's no integrity in any of this.  If Axl had integrity, he would not be touring (well I guess technically, he isn't) or releasing albums as Guns N' Roses.  Sorry, his integrity went out the window at the VMAs.

I agree.  Hating someone as much as Axl hates Slash isn't good for your health.  And it is also very time consuming.  You can forgive someone and not forget what that person did.  I ain't saying Axl should like Slash.  You can't like or love everybody.  But for his sake I hope he learns to let go and just forgive him.  Move on.  Somebody did the most awful things to me when I was younger.  I forgave him.  Would I speak to him?  If it is not necessary I won't speak to him.  I don't like the guy, but I forgave him.  I let go of the hate. I'm happy in my life and that is all that matters.  Axl should do the same.  Not for a reunion but for himself.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

you're completely wrong, axlin. if you don't wanna be a fan unless they reunite, then just stop being a fan. live in the now. get over the past. axl is now working with people who are more compatible with him. try being supportive and happy for him.

I am supportive, and whatever decision he makes is his own, and we either live with it or we don't.

But that's not denying the fact that the majority of the world is asking for a reunion, and there's nothing wrong with that either. There's also nothing wrong with a splintered fanbase saying "we support THIS Guns, and not THAT Guns". Nothing wrong with that.

I've said before on this board, Axl's biggest problem is he tries to take this fans into his vision, and tell them WHY they SHOULD like it. Instead of just letting it be organic. We'll it's failed on both accounts.

CD is a fabulous album, but outside of some hardcores, no one really cares. A reunion allows everyone to have their cake, eat it too, and get paid while doing it. People, including Axl, can still freely have solo ventures. Remember, it's not really Guns N' Roses anyways. People forget that.

That's all i'm saying. If the cat hates Slash, and thinks he's egg suckin' gutter trash, that's perfectly fine. But to pretend like no one wants a reunion or this is BETTER... uhhh, I don't think so.

The new Guns has been a clusterfuck WORSE than old Guns. You ask me to stop living in the past, we'll that's mighty hypocritical as Axl lives in the past, living off a name that he didn't solely build. He continues to tour and record under the name Guns N' Roses, as well as perform setlists that are 90% old Guns.

And i'm living in the past?

Be supportive? I'll sign up for that, with an ACTIVE band. But a band that just sits back, and replaces it's roster every 2 years, and calls itself Guns N' Roses... i'll keep throwing the reunion flag onto the field.

If Axl drops the name, and goes 'Axl Rose' for his music, i'll shut the hell up completely.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I bought CD and a ticket in 02 so I have supported the band but I want the real GNR back. Sorry but it is what it is.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

i hate you.

Board footer