You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Where is the Better Video..?

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

how do we know you are buzzsaw?

I'm not.

Well, obviously not.

He's Slashahaulic!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

A whole list of things that are positive?  I don't care enough to go back and look, but memory says that it was a bunch of things that would be positive.  Since nothing has happened in 5 months other than naming yet another replacement for a replacement, you'll have to forgive me for not identifying with the multitude of other great things that happened and nobody created a thread here about. 

I guess this place is that negative if all these wonderful events happened, yet nobody bothered to create a thread about it.  Can you list off all the great things that actually happened since the release of the record for those of us that missed all those threads?  I'm not talking about the supposed VH tour or the supposed band speaking to the fans stuff, I mean the things that actually happened.  You know...awards, tour dates, interviews, band pictures, tv/radio talk show appearances, etc.  I feel horrible that I missed all of them while I was covered by a shroud of negativity.

I'll state some positives.

Axl Rose will remain one of the great frontmen to ever roam the earth.

CD, when it was finally released, turned out to be an amazing album.

The new band, no matter what version, puts on a helluva live show. They still blow their opening acts off the stage.

Bringing Izzy back as a recurring special guest in 2006 was a cool move on Axl's part. It might've been to try and bridge the fanbase, but it also showed an obvious acknowledgement that GN'R have NEVER had a rhythm guitarist on the same level as Izzy. He will always be the definitive rhythm guitarist.

Although many would disagree with me, I think it's cool that he's keeping Brain and Frank, at least for the short term. Many feel Brain deserves to be apart of this, because he really is the true drummer of CD, and at the same time, alot of people feel Frank is a drummer more suited for a band like Guns N' Roses, and probably the future for the band, new lineup, reunion, whatever.

He has allowed the band members to speak on the band and their behalf, specifically long timers like Tommy, Brain & Chris. I'd love to hear from Dizzy too, and Axl again.

Other than a couple threatening phone calls, GN'R haven't been major dicks about leaks and bootlegs. They're actually pretty cool about it to be honest.

In 2006, GN'R allowed several internet simucasts of live shows in Europe to the world, without blacking them out (which they could've done), providing all of us with precious pro-shot performances, and boots of the 2006 Europe band. I appreciate that, deeply. And would gladly pay for any official release of any version of the new band, and their great live shows.

Axl has kept the door, and his attitude open towards Bucket. He could've turned into an asshole about him, like Slash. He didn't. He also hasn't been rough towards Robin... so far.

GN'R have understood the popularity of formats like Rock Band and Guitar Hero, and how much it means to fans to have those songs to play, as well as CD as a full album. Very cool.

Other than the shop being shut down right now, new Guns have provided new era merch to those of us interested, from any version, when they simply could've just repackaged old stuff. I love my 2006 stuff.

So there's a mouth full of positives from the new era, from me. I don't agree with the album's roll out and production, and yes, I probably don't know all the facts, but until those facts are provided to me, I can only analyze history by what I see and read from statements and actions, and that's why the album's release and it's projected future right now, as well as the band's turnover over the years is very negative.

But still - it's not personal. I still like Axl, he does do positive things, but constructive criticism is meant to be constructive. Not destroy.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

OK.  Other than the couple interviews band members did, everything you mention happened before (or right when if you really think the album is amazing) the album was released.  Now where are the post release positives?

And for what they are getting paid, they better blow the opening acts off the stage...jeez.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Sometimes i gotta laugh.
I mean why be dissapointed with sales, videos, promotion etc etc, im a fan of the band and their music not the sales figures etc. The bands been almost dormant for 15 years, and when some people thought it would never happen along came the new album and people still moan. The expectations of some people is not based on the realistic but rather in fantasy land. If you were new to the scene and naive sure you might have big hopes but if like most of you guys, you have known the situation for years why expect so much when its always been so little. Like if you cannot use simple logic  based on that last 15 years that we are only gonna get things in dribs and drabs then fantasy land is the place for you. This is not guns trying to conquer the world this is guns doing what it wants not what we want, we just got to face that fact. When they give us something i suggest we take it with both hands. Think about it a percentage of the band members have their own things going on besides GN'R this in itself should lead you to realize its not a full time thing to them. Hell there would,nt even be a band still if it was'nt for Axl and maybe been a full time band is no longer a priority for him. Sure i'd love a new album every year or 2 but he may not feel the same and thats to bad but it maybe the truth. The guy is a person just like all of us with his own life and priorities and maybe just maybe when he does do something its for us.  Honestly i don't know whats in his head nor do any of us, but i know when i got CD it was awesome and if i get to go to a gig again that too will be awesome. I myself have my own life and it does not revolve around the band so when something comes from them its cool but when it does'nt ......life goes on.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Christ, Buzz said the album was never coming out. Still calls it a flop, which it wasn't and has proclaimed himself the keeper of the old bands legacy, not to mention he has never made a "negative" comment with an unbiased opinion.

Anything he says regarding this band is pretty much irrelevant to me.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Sometimes i gotta laugh.
I mean why be dissapointed with sales, videos, promotion etc etc, im a fan of the band and their music not the sales figures etc.

the expectation was that it would pick up where UYI's left off sales wise...and the gnr online community made CD feel like a bigger pop culture event that it actually was...also there was the feeling that CD needed to sell at a certain level for the band to stay in existance

anyway those are the reasons i think that people harp on the sales figures so much...i agree though i love the album, its great, but i think its more of an album for a fan of axl than say someone who is more partial to the guitar duo of slash and izzy added to previous material

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'm an Iron Maiden fan and I look at all their albums as success's, because they genuinally are, they sell great! They always chart highly despite not being a radio friendly band and have fantastic world tours. Maiden are as popular now as ever, they are immortal.

Their last album was absolutely fantastic and commercially, another great success.

I was looking at figures this morning and it never sold anywhere near as much as Chinese Democracy but people call CD a flop.
Its not a flop, it just never sold as much as the anticipation and long build up suggested it might.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Maiden won an award, "Gnr" didnt. 
Best british live act 2009.. For a metal act these days, thats something to mention
Sales dont show how good an album is, it only shows how many people bought it, and after 15 yrs, you`d think there was some curiosoty....
Its not a great album anymore, there is better afaic and its a shame

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

A "live act" award? Maidens last album was out in 06 and nobody outside of metal cicles hailed it. Plus that award was the first mainstream recognition they have ever recieved more or less.
I dunno what your point is. I think CD got more artistic recognition than A Matter of Life and Death did.

When the next tour struggles to sell I will believe this GNR is a flop, until then the jury's still out imo. If the tickets go like hotcakes then you know the band and name is still hot.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Christ, Buzz said the album was never coming out. Still calls it a flop, which it wasn't and has proclaimed himself the keeper of the old bands legacy, not to mention he has never made a "negative" comment with an unbiased opinion.

Anything he says regarding this band is pretty much irrelevant to me.

Yes.

It is a flop.

Never claimed to be the keeper of anything.

You got 1 right.  Congratulations.  That's an "F" for you.

Board footer