You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

Re: New Bucket coming

bucketfan wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He needs to start promoting his stuff. This "blind buy" bullshit gets old. Not everyone uses youtube, and not all of his albums get put on there. The least he could do is write out detailed descriptions of each record.

sign up at bucketheadlands.proboards19.com and check out the review section.  All the albums are thoroughly discussed making it very easy to get a feel for the record.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bucketfan wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He needs to start promoting his stuff. This "blind buy" bullshit gets old. Not everyone uses youtube, and not all of his albums get put on there. The least he could do is write out detailed descriptions of each record.

sign up at bucketheadlands.proboards19.com and check out the review section.  All the albums are thoroughly discussed making it very easy to get a feel for the record.

Been a member there for three years. I just don't go there often because I hate the proboards format.

I notice this has hit the torrents. I'll check it out.

bucketfan

bucketfan wrote:

Sweet.  Let us know what you think after a few listens.

Brain does some great work on there too.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Can you get this in the UK? Buckethead and Brain are my 2 favourites players alive!
I mean a physical copy, mp3s suck balls. I've downloaded 1 song off itunes, Chinese Democracy when it came out, never again. The sound quality was utter shite.

bucketfan

bucketfan wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Can you get this in the UK? Buckethead and Brain are my 2 favourites players alive!
I mean a physical copy, mp3s suck balls. I've downloaded 1 song off itunes, Chinese Democracy when it came out, never again. The sound quality was utter shite.

I'm hearing you on the sound quality man!  I wish people would stop using fucking mp3, there's no excuse to use lossy compression these days. 

Order the album from www.tdrsmusic.com

Shipping to the UK should only take a couple of days.  I'm in Australia and got mine in 5 days.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Cool, I'll check it out.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

No wonder Buckethead bailed, this guy is so fucking talented and inspired. He is so under used on CD, he could have even played that harp womans role to a tee.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This CD should be heard by all that say they are Buckethead fans. It's brilliant. It is a melding of Colma and Electric Tears with a little Crime Slunk Scene rock mixed in. I can't say enough good things about it. I wouldn't even know where to start.

If you like those CDs I mentioned above, you'll eat this up. It boggles my mind how he can come up with this stuff on such an accelerated schedule. I can't believe he was able to hang in GNR for so long with so much inactivity. Too bad he didn't rub off on Axl.

Get this, I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you are, sorry about your luck.

James

James wrote:

I actually just downloaded this last night. Gonna listen to it here in a few minutes.

I also finally downloaded the new Loaded album. Gonna have these two albums on heavy rotation today.

James

James wrote:

This first song(Broken Mirror) is really, REALLY good. It drifts in and out of Colma territory with a bit of a heavy punch thrown in without being too "out there". A few of these licks he throws in there reminds me a bit of Robert Cray.

This is the type of stuff that should have been on Chinese Democracy. Damn I bet he hated being in the band. He can come up with killer shit at the drop of a hat, sits there off and on for years, and only has a few things on the album to show for it, all of it inferior to what he comes up with on his own.

I'd love to see what material of Bucket's that Axl tossed aside.

Big D's Touch is pretty good also.

If Cornell decides against doing Soundgarden and wants to do another Audioslave type group, I hope he lobbies for Bucket. All Bucket needs is a talented singer/songwriter who will allow him to shine without restrictions.

Board footer