You are not logged in. Please register or login.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

Re: Chinese Democracy/Rock Band 2 (Tracks Leaking?)

i have 2 very nice suprises in it now, i think i pulled it off D:

on one hand i have to think many dont have expensive systems, so grade the dynamics down a bit, but feck it mang 19

i will go over them 1 more time, then upload eet. sooner than the better video, tentatively :3

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

chicken_dinner, i'm liking these remixes - excellent work.

how about an original maddy with just the bucket solo (no samples).

chicken_dinner

axlgod wrote:

chicken_dinner, i'm liking these remixes - excellent work.

how about an original maddy with just the bucket solo (no samples).

again, i dont have an xbox but cobra had ripped that version, with solo no samples but it was very low quality. i will see what i can do wif eet nao. this will take 2 hours more guise :3

robin67
 Rep: 7 

robin67 wrote:

chicken_dinner rocks

chicken_dinner

cheers for the comments.

i have to go now in a hurry so uploading the already finished 22 tracks will be tomorrow then. i said tentatively so im safe :3

American Communism starts tomorrow.....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I just boggles my mind that the producers and band couldn't figure this out....

14 Considering how long it took for this, its not really that mind boggling. They couldn't even get their own lyrics right, but you expected good production?

WARose wrote:

ron should`ve stayed out of the picture entirely if you ask me...   and the album should`ve been mixed by someone who knew what he does. i bet i`m not the only one here, who cringes, thinking about the lost potential this album shows..... it`s sad really. this strengthens my opinion, that CD could easily have been the masterpiece we hoped it`d be....

Believe me, you're not the only one. Its a good album, but I have bitched about the album's horrific production since the nanosecond it leaked. I still get a chuckle out of those claiming it was the best produced album they've ever heard. Even Helen Keller would disagree.

There's so much great stuff on this album buried by bullshit. Better really shows its potential as a mean and gritty track without a ton of trash piled on it.

I have an even bigger appreciation of Tommy after hearing all these rips. He's the Jason Newsted of GNR.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The maddy re-mix sounds great.

These re-mixes really make me wish Bob Ezrin was on board for production of CD. Not even as the main producer, but at least product control. He knows how to layer a song - and the songs on CD are way too dense.

These songs lose so much by over production and too much everything... sad

And add another reason why any pre-Bumble/Frank leaks that are floating around are so important.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yep, I agree. I love the album, and as Chris said "it's rich", yes it is, very much so. But there is such a thing as 'too much rich'. Where the song stops being rich, and it becomes 'busy' & 'convoluted'.

Queen is rich. New Guns is busy.

chicken_dinner

many people mentioned the album is 'overproduced'. thats not the issue really, because the more production, the better actually (afd is also 'overproduced', so are led zep albums etc).

the main 'error' on CD is is that at the same time, too many parts try to make a statement in the same bar which dont mesh well. meaning, you have a guitar, vocals, drums, bas and synth all doing something individually which sounds good if played seperately....but mix them together in the same time frame and they dont mingle well, scattering the effect.

listen to achilles last stand by led zep (my fav), its the opener on the album presence. there are more things going on there at the same time than any gnr song. very intricate, complicated and diverse stuff. yet....it sounds like a perfect match. nothing could be changed to make it better. its very much overproduced and thats what makes it stay together.

but all the parts fit in with each other, like a puzzle. thats why led zep was the tightest band around. all the band members intuitively knew what to play and make it sound like a perfect match.

on CD, many times parts dont fit in. the stuff the musicians do dont communicate with each others.

they heard this too in the studio. you can then try to mix it diffently...and try a bit more....you change the eq, use some effects to make it mingle...play with the volume levels nonstop... while the best would be to not include it, or change the part slightly b y rerecording another version.

so its not what you do behind the faders...its what the musicians do in front of the mics that made CD sound a bit off in production area for most. im not having a problem though, i listen through that (ignoring some parts of the musicians, yes mainly bumble big_smile) and it is very well done in the end.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Thats not what over produced means and Appetite and Zep were not over produced. Over produced means in excess of what was needed, Appetite For Destruction was not produced excessively,  some Zep albums might have a vast amount more production involved than Appetite but not in excess of what had to be done to make it work.

I'd say the explosions during the intro of CD, the additional layer of vocals,  the cut n pasted drums in Better, the pasted vocals in SOD, the phased "la, la, na, na" in ITW, the cookie monster and choir outro in TWAT and the intro to Riad - were all examples of "over production".
There is a few examples of bad mixing on the album, its a shame because it ruins the song.
I'd say the outro of Catcher in the Rye is one of the worst examples of bad mixing on the album, theres a battle of volume going on between the lead guitar and the vocals, and the drums seem to be forgotten. Now for the first time I can hear the bridge in TIL properly and  I'd say that song suffers because that shit is golden and its lost on the album.

Oh and why is Prostitute quieter than all the other songs?  And its not just the intro, even when the song kicks in its still quieter than the other songs 10

Board footer