You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Getting burned PS2 games to play

Axlin16 wrote:

I've looked all over the internet, and gotten tons and tons of information from various people, all of which disagree with each other, and can't give me a straight answer based on what they all prefer.

Does anyone here know what you need to do to play burned PS2 games, without having to purchase anything extra to make it happen, meaning no programs, no modchpping, no swap magic, etc.

AtariLegend wrote:

If you don't just want a PS2 Emulator (Program), I'm confused...

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

No sorry. The only way to get it to play ps2 games burnt on to disc is through the use of a modchip or swap magic. You have to purchase something to make it happen.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

You mean like a bootdisc/swapdisc like the good ole PS1.  Been fkin years since I touched modchips and consoles, but I think I heard of some boot disc that existed for the PS2.  I might be wrong.  Wasnt there like some modchip that you plugged in externally also?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Thx for the responses. I was just wondering if there was something I could do on my own, like soft modding and nothing else to make it happen. I've read where you can do soft mod's on the PS2, but that you have to purchase other programs like Action Replay Max, in order to make it happen.

I was just wondering if there was some sort of rigging I could do to it myself to make it work, without having to buy programs or sodering a mod chip inside of it.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Swap magic works and is simple and cheap. If you got a PSP or Nintendo ds i strongly recommend pandoras battery (PSP) or R4 chip (NDS). both are very cheap and what they can do is awesome.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Oh but i do'nt condone piracy.  18

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

You do'nt really need to do any of this.

Tip: If you press the eject button on the ps2 when the tray opens you can remove the front part of the tray door (the part that is flush with the front of the ps2 when closed) with a bit of pressure it will clip off. Now without the front on the tray door you will have access to the emergency release mechanism. All you got to do is slide a credit card or similar card under the tray and slide it from lleft to right and out comes the tray.

You will still need a copy of Swapmagic but you wont have to open up the PS2.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Thx again for all your answers.

Board footer