You are not logged in. Please register or login.

robin67
 Rep: 7 

Re: Who's DJ?

robin67 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
robin67 wrote:

really. buckethead's in robin's shadow on the album

You obviously didn't buy the album because you clearly haven't seen the liner notes, and if you had, wouldn't say something like that even if you prefer Robin. Funny that someone that's supposedly such a hardcore supporter of his doesn't even buy the record.

i bought the record. i know robin's solos r the best solos on the record.  TIL and SOD among others show robin's solos r the best. shows buckethead's a drop in the bucket compared to robin

robin67

robin67 wrote:
Axl S wrote:
robin67 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Answer: No he didn't do enough.

Better question though

Who was friendlier to the fans: Robin or Axl? Please back it up with some evidence.

evidence: axl ignored the fans making them wait years for a new album. axl incites riots. axl fights fans. axl is a little pissy school girl

Robin quit the band in early 2008 POSSIBLY delaying the release of the album further and the likelihood of a tour. He possibly helped ruin promotion for Chinese Democracy by leaving the band without a complete band to promote. Whilst Axl has unfortunatly started riots in the past there has been many occasions where has talked to the audience during a show and calmed them down to allow him to continue playing so that he wouldn't have to walk off and start another riot. All Robin has ever done is record on the album, play live for pay and that's about it. Yes he's done autographs for fans when caught in public but so has Axl and almost every member of new GN'R. That's nothing particularly special. When you can show evidence that Robin has done something more fan friendly than open chats on the forums, Q&A on the forums and even the occasional interview, then you can say he is as fan friendly or even friendlier than Axl.

Also yes it's obvious you're a troll.

axl's a troll. he's trolling the grounds on his billion dollar estate

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

^ You know you can quote more than one person in a reply right?

[quote=username]blah blah[/quote]
[quote=other user]etc etc[/quote]
[quote=another]something else[/quote]

Saves having to bump yourself over and over.

robin67

robin67 wrote:
downliner wrote:

i heard axl bumps beta over and over

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
robin67 wrote:
downliner wrote:

LOL

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
robin67 wrote:

Alright, this trolling shit is coming to stop. We already know Finck rules the world and has the greatest solos that will ever be created. Move on to the next topic, and if that's all you can bring to the table, hit the log out button.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Come on James...he might be the first person to make me actually defend Axl...there has to be some value in that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

His credibility was threatened when he said Axl fired Slash. No, Slash quit, per his own admission, and Axl tried for quite awhile to get him back, before he became a "cancer".

Two, Buckethead is in Robin's shadow... lmao. This is where he lost ALL credibility. Nobody is in Bucket's shadow on CD. In fact - Bucket makes CD, and even Ron's best solos in some places were originally written by Bucket. Robin adds absolutely nothing, and shockingly (yes, I was shocked by this, seeing how he was a 'lead guitarist' with the project from day one), Robin is suprisingly lost on the record, rarely coming up with anything significant past the song Better, for which he gets a writing credit. This I Love is the only other thing I can think of, and his solo being turned up over the great orchestra, seemed like Axl simply trying to find a way to let a band member shine, even though it should've been reversed, orchestra up front, solo in the back.

There's no reason to go on and on about Robin. If you want, I suggest going to the There Was A Time section for former employees, or visit a NIN board, his active band.

AtariLegend wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Robin adds absolutely nothing

Just as pathetic to me, as anything "robin67" has came out with.

Axlin08 wrote:

There's no reason to go on and on about Robin. If you want, I suggest going to the There Was A Time section for former employees, or visit a NIN board, his active band.

This doesn't apply to Slash I presume though, right?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No, he's a founding member to the brand name, who contributed to the success of their breakthrough album, which got Robin his job in the first place.

Matt Sorum, Gilby Clarke, Paul Tobias, Robin Finck, Buckethead and possibly Brain, are all former employees.

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, and Dizzy are all founding members imo, with Dizzy being their original keyboardist, when that job was added. I don't count LA Guns.

Board footer