You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Last book you read...

Olorin wrote:

So what was the last book you read then?

I've just finished Jurassic Park, a better story than the film, but this is one book that I'm actually glad I seen the film first.

It gets a bit tiresome nearing the end of the book and rapters are still eating people, surely even they must sometimes feel like they just cant eat another thing, not even a child 14

I've just started on The Lost World, the sequal. I'm quite pleased that so far it is baring little resemblence to the film, so I might get some suprises.
Actually a lot of the scenes in Jurassic Park 2 and 3 are pulled out of the first novel which I wasnt expecting.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

too fat to fish.. artie lange...
great book

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'm currently on my 6th (or 7th) reread of the Wheel of Time series....book 12 come out in Novemeber so i'm trying to get through it all by then so the story will be fresh in my mind for the release....currently i'm 1/2 way through book 5 (The Fires of Heaven)

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Stephen King's book of short stories called Everything's Eventual, and 14 other stories.

It's a pretty eventual book.

redarmy76
 Rep: 5 

redarmy76 wrote:

I've just finished the Harry Potter Series waiting for the new movie next month (Flame Away).  I'm now re-reading the Talisman by Stephen King, a book I haven't read for a few years, but enjoy immensly.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

I just read up on a few classics. Orwell's Animal Farm (1984 is my favorite book of all time) & Kafka's Metamorphosis (and other short stories). Just started reading Child 44, but I'm having trouble getting into it.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i'm currently on my 6th (or 7th) reread of the Wheel of Time series....book 12 come out in Novemeber so i'm trying to get through it all by then so the story will be fresh in my mind for the release....currently i'm 1/2 way through book 5 (The Fires of Heaven)

I'm going to pick up book 1 sometime soon and give it a pop.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
redarmy76 wrote:

I've just finished the Harry Potter Series waiting for the new movie next month (Flame Away).  I'm now re-reading the Talisman by Stephen King, a book I haven't read for a few years, but enjoy immensly.

I thought I would hate the Harry Potter books, but I quite liked them. I'm not too keen on the movies though, they are alright but could have been much better.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
TheMole wrote:

I just read up on a few classics. Orwell's Animal Farm (1984 is my favorite book of all time) & Kafka's Metamorphosis (and other short stories). Just started reading Child 44, but I'm having trouble getting into it.

I dont think I finished 1984, I found it a bit to dry and depressing. I'll have to give it another bash. I read it alongside Fahrenheit 451in my teens when I believed in grand conspiracies and a secret world order.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i actually enjoyed 1984, though i only read it once i highschool...it was a pleasnat surprise for me cuz i thought i was gonna hate it

Board footer