You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Finally... new alice in chains....

This is 2-3 days old but it's worth a read if you haven't seen it yet. They have a label, the recording is done, I'm pretty excited. I hope it doesn't get delayed because through 4 and a half months 2009 has been forgettable musically. I hope they do a full US tour after its release.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=120361

JERRY CANTRELL 'Really Proud' Of New ALICE IN CHAINS Album - May 19, 2009
The Pulse of Radio reports: ALICE IN CHAINS recently finished work on its first studio album in 14 years, although the band did not preview any of the new material this past weekend at the Rock On The Range festival in Columbus, Ohio, where they played live for the first time since late last year. Even though it once seemed like the world would never see a new ALICE IN CHAINS record, guitarist Jerry Cantrell told The Pulse of Radio that he's pleased with what the group has accomplished this time. "We're really proud of it," he said. "I'm really proud of all of us, man, that we decided to take this trip and decided to take the chance, you know what I mean, to continue and to move forward. The record's a win. Regardless of how it does, it's a win already for us, 'cause we really dig it and we stand behind it, and each other."

The yet-to-be-titled disc will be out in mid-September via Virgin Records, a division of EMI Music, and is the first full-length ALICE IN CHAINS studio effort since a self-titled 1995 album.

The new disc marks the recording debut of vocalist William DuVall. Original singer Layne Staley died of a drug overdose in 2002.

Jerry Cantrell, drummer Sean Kinney and bassist Mike Inez regrouped in 2005 for a charity show before embarking on several tours in 2006 and 2007 with DuVall on the mic.

A preview in the Los Angeles Times called the new album "recognizably thundering and gloomy," with an acoustic track called "Your Decision" followed by what the reporter described as "a seven-minute epic built on heavy slabs of guitar, drums and bass, something like BLACK SABBATH but far quicker."

When asked about stepping into the shoes of Staley, DuVall told the Times, "It's a big thing. I've joined a group that has a strong identity and a strong legacy. Nobody's sitting here who wants to, in any way, disrespect or sully that legacy. You want to add to it."

All of ALICE IN CHAINS' previous albums and EPs were on Columbia Records.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Really looking forward to this.

The show I saw them play in February was AWESOME. William was amazing, and even I had my doubts about him prior to seeing him live.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I keep hearing really good things from both the band and fans, and with everyone warming up to DuVall, I think my idea towards it has.

Let's just say i'm interested to hear the album at this point. Let's just hope it's not AIC's Cosmos Rocks.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I keep hearing really good things from both the band and fans, and with everyone warming up to DuVall, I think my idea towards it has.

Let's just say i'm interested to hear the album at this point. Let's just hope it's not AIC's Cosmos Rocks.

it could be their "back in black"... we'll know soon...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

www.aliceinchains.com

Trailer for new video for "A Looking In View"

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Page won't load... that's weird.

Board footer